_-*Chapter 48*-_

Tendou POV

*************************************************************************************************************

I stood by Iwaizumi's side, staring at Oikawa's back as he led our forces forward. He didn't seem to care if any citizens saw us and potentially warned the King. I think he was betting on it. The King would be afraid, and Oikawa seemed to revel in that fact. For once, he was the strongest, the top of the food chain.

But also because the King would no doubt send his forces to protect himself, leaving the palace easily accessible, not to mention that quite a number of guards in his forces are working alongside us.

Still, despite Oikawa's amazing tactical skills and the input from other fierce leaders, my heart still thudded in my chest with apprehension. I was so worried that this could go wrong. I knew that we would no doubt suffer casualties, but a part of me didn't care as long as that number didn't include anyone close to me. Deep down, I was secretly relieved that Wakatoshi wasn't here. You can't be hurt if the battle is nowhere near you.

Oikawa stopped and motioned for the rest of the group as well, his movements being echoed down the "army" by all the commanders. Turning to face us, he swam a little higher off the ocean floor and lifted his longsword, the metal glinting dangerously off the thin beams of light reaching the depth.

Speaking loudly and with authority, he addressed the entire rebel force, "The king in that castle," he pointed to the castle just visible from the sand dune we stood on, "Is a tyrant. A tyrant that we allowed to rule for far too long. We allowed his childish delusions to run a kingdom and we can now see the consequences of his actions, the actions we didn't try to stop. But now," His voice rang with pride and resolve, "this king, this TYRANT WILL FALL."

With those words the army raised their voices in a roar of agreement. The shout of thousands of mers and fish alike rang throughout the ocean water, forming a melody of long awaited revenge.

"We will storm this castle," Oikawa continued, his eyes surveying his forces proudly, "But the only ones we will harm are those who stand in our way. Under no circumstance will you harm an innocent soul. No civilians are to be involved in our quarrel with the King," a wave of heads nodded in agreement.

Oikawa then began to give orders to the commanders and the army began to spread out, heading in opposite directions in order to surround the castle from all angles.

Oikawa then turned to Iwaizumi's group, which consisted of Atsumu, Kyoutani, Makki, Mattsun, Lev, Kageyama, Hinata, and me. We were to be the ones who dealt the final blow, although most of us knew that Oikawa held every right to have his chance before us.

"Okay," Oikawa breathed, steeling his nerves, "here we go."

Iwaizumi took his hand in his own and gave it a firm squeeze, Oikawa smiled gratefully at the action. They continued to hold hands until we stood in front of the main gates of the castle.

Just as we were hoping, the guards were absent, no doubt all of them had been summoned to protect "his Highness".

Taking our time, we opened the gates and Makki, Mattsun, Lev, and Kyoutani split off to open the three other gates from the north, east, and south.

I followed Iwaizumi and Oikawa as they entered the West Gate, the heavy metal creaked open sinisterly, not at all reminding me of the comfort this "home" used to provide me with.

My nerves were on fire as we carefully made our way toward the center of the castle. The throne room.

The room was where my father was crowned a king, and it will be in that room that he dies a tyrant. 

***********************************************************************************************

What was an automatic turn-off for you that made you stop liking the person?