_-*Chapter 52*-_

Tendou POV

*************************************************************************************************************

I watched in horror as the King stabbed Oikawa. I watched my brother crumple to the ground. I watched Iwaizumi rush toward his husband. I watched the King leave without looking back.

And I felt myself move.

I was done waiting for someone else to do it for me. My father deserves to die, and I will make sure that happens by my hand.

Leaving the room, I followed the King from a safe distance, until we reached the empty courtyard.

"Stop." I commanded, he stopped, as if caught off guard for a second, but only for a second.

"Satori, my son," He chuckled, turning around to sneer at me, "If your brother, who I made into the finest warrior in the sea, couldn't beat me, how can a worm like you even dream of it? Leave, or I'll kill you too."

"That's the difference," I narrowed my eyes, "You made him, I made myself."

He clicked his tongue at me and assumed a fighting stance, "You asked for this, then."

Before he could ready himself, I rushed forward, holding my blade like the weapon it was. My father was caught off guard by the attack but managed to strike back, slicing into my side.

I knew I would feel that later, if I survived, but the adrenaline was too high to feel it now. Almost immediately, I retaliated, swinging for his arm but missing, instead I sliced through his wrist. The sickening crunch of the sword breaking through bone had no effect on me.

The King roared in anger and pain, dropping sword to clutch at his bleeding wrist. If I wanted to be honorable, I would have waited until my opponent was prepared to pick up his sword again. But muddy pigs don't sleep on linen sheets.

Charging at him again, I was preparing to kill, however, the King picked up his sword at lightning speed and swung for my neck. I ducked, barely missing the blade. Changing my course, I aimed for an unguarded spot: his side. I sliced through it but before I could get out of arm's reach, the King grabbed me and flung me across the yard. I slammed into a pillar and heard my spine crunch and felt pain shoot up my back. The King brought the butt of his blade against my skull, the impact creating a ringing in my head. Instead of killing me immediately, he continued to blacken and bruise my body.

Eventually, he got bored of the fun.

"Satori, I always knew you were too much like your mother, now you'll die just like her and everyone who ever crossed my path," He said with a sadistic smile as he raised his blade for the final blow.

I tensed, waiting for the end. Except that it never came. Instead, I looked up to see the King's eyes wide in surprise and a javelin protruding from his chest, blood seeping from his wound.

"Sorry, asshole," I heard a voice say from behind him. I didn't need to look to know who was there, I knew who it was. My heart and my brain finally agreed on one thing. This person was my savior and the person I've waited for my entire life.

"Toshi..." I groaned weakly, black blobs dotting my vision, yet his face was clear, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, you gave me the one thing that could take me to you, of course I would use it, my love," He cupped my face and I found it harder and harder to keep my eyes open, "I will always come back to you, even if you'd never want to see me again."

"Funny," I groaned, clutching my side, "I was just thinking the same thing."

"Well, what I'm thinking right now is that you need to conserve your energy," He said, looking at me in concern. I nodded softly and slowly allowed my body to relax, the fight was over, and I could rest.

As I blacked out, I thought of Oikawa, but I could only pray I didn't have to say goodbye to him just yet.

***********************************************************************************************

What do you view as privileged but can't literally back up with proof?