_-*Chapter 38*-_

Tendou POV

*************************************************************************************************************

Hinata and Kageyama returned a day later with the Jellyfish Queen and Oikawa made all of us sit down in a meeting as he went over our plan of action at the moment.

It was boring and I think I drifted off a couple of times, only to be awoken by a sharp jab from Atsumu's elbow.

But one thing I do remember clearly was meeting all the other monarchs. Magnus, the Octalio King had a muscular build that even Wakatoshi would be jealous of, his pitch-black hair fell to his shoulder blades and he rocked a goatee. His voice was a gravely yet smooth deep tone that made my bones shiver. He looked like he would smash your guts if you looked at him wrong, but when he talked to me, he gave off the uncle who lets you do all sorts of stuff you're not supposed to do vibe.

And Queen Rhea of the Jellyfish was an absolute beauty. She didn't have a tail like most sea hybrids, instead, her bottom half was made of all the components that made up a regular jellyfish (epidermis, mesoglea, and gastrodermis, all of which she told me wayyyy too much about). Her tentacles, she explained, could both grow and retract depending on the depth of water. She also seemed quite proud that she could change the color of "jelly-dress" (she called it that, not me) like a chameleon.

And Queen Agatha, who I already met, seemed to be very well acquainted with the Jellyfish Queen, yet she seemed to have a thing against King Magnus. Color me intrigued.

But shortly after the meeting, Oikawa and Iwaizumi left to recruit the Barracudas and Orcas, which I was quite nervous about. After all, both Barracudas and Orcas are known to be blood-thirsty, and, in the Orcas case, sadistic creatures. This might be part of the reason that Oikawa made the last-minute decision to take Lev with, just so they looked more threatening. I just really hope the crown prince of the Mer Kingdom and his consort returns in one piece.

♡♛♕♛♡

Over the next few days of Sakusa being in charge over Oikawa and Iwaizumi's absence, our original group along with a few soldiers from each of our allied kingdoms spent the time transporting the chests from the mountain back to the base. It was quite arduous and time-consuming, but we eventually got the hidden room cleared and everything transported to an empty room in the base.

We actually finished it far before the time Oikawa predicted they might return, so we still had a few days of leisure or work—depending on what we wanted to do—left.

I could see Wakatoshi looked slightly sad, but only if I really looked hard, and I knew that it was because he missed his family and was worried about them worrying about him. So I made a dumb and rash decision.

"Hey, Toshi," I whispered to him while everyone else was preoccupied, "Wanna go to the surface?"

His eyes widened and he opened his mouth to say something but found no words. Clearly, that was the last thing he expected me to say.

"Well~?" I smiled and that brought forth a smile from him as well.

"I would love to, Satori," He looked around, "But won't they notice if we leave?"

"Probably," I shrugged, "But I know you miss your family and I'll bet they definitely noticed you're gone by now, I believe it would be rather hard for Shimizu to hide the fact that her brother has been gone for so long."

He thought about it, but then nodded, "okay, I would enjoy going to the surface with you, Satori. But only for a little while."

"Yay, let's go," I gave him my signature smile and pulled him along behind me. 

***********************************************************************************************

If money wasn't a variable, how would your dream lifestyle change and what would it be?