_-*Chapter 40*-_

Tendou POV

*************************************************************************************************************

Wakatoshi and I swam up to the surface when everyone else was too preoccupied to question us. I honestly did want to see Wakatoshi be happy with his family, but I also knew that an underlying reason for suggesting this was to take my mind off of everything.

It's selfish — and I know it — but I am a selfish person; my father made sure to remind me on the daily.

♡♛♕♛♡

Wakatoshi and I arrived by our secluded section of the shore when the sun was halfway across the sky. Wakatoshi had to leave first, as he had the necklace.

After he finished he dressed in the clothes he had before he left, which no doubt were soaking wet and probably smelled of sea and salt.

Then I realized one small issue.

"Uhh, Toshi?" I said, a red tinge forming on my neck.

"Yes?" He questioned, pulling his sopping shirt over his incredibly chiseled torso.

"I don't have any clothes..."

He didn't respond right away; but instead glanced at me with a devilish smirk on his face. I flushed pink and whined, "Stooop, that's not funny-"

He chuckled while handing me the necklace he unclipped.

"Wait here, I'll be back," He promised before pecking my on my forehead and making his way toward civilization.

I waited for a while, I don't know how long, but I do know the sun moved around three inches from its previous position. At least the little fish that swim near the surface kept me company. Now I don't want to sound like a stereotypical princess, but I was debating on breaking out into song just for the heck of it.

Then, Toshi appeared like the trustworthy many he is.

"I'm back, Satori!" he called out while still a good distance away, and, deciding to prank him, I hid behind some rather large rocks.

When I didn't respond, I watched him quicken his pace and call out once again, a little more frantic.

At that moment, I thought maybe it wasn't the best idea to play a disappearing prank on your boyfriend. Boyfriend. Huh, never thought I'd get here.

I quickly swam out from behind the rocks.

"Toshi, I'm here!" I called to him and he rushed toward me, dropping to his knees to embrace me, despite the cold water, "I'm here..."

He squeezed me and buried his face in my neck, "I thought he'd taken you..." He gripped me tight, his hands resting on the small of my back and the back of my neck.

"It's okay Toshi," I whispered, wrapping my arms around him as well, "I'm okay..."
After a few seconds, he let go, "Please don't scare me like that, Satori."

"Of course, Wakatoshi," I promised him, taking his hand in mine, "Never again."

He smiled and rose to his feet, picking me up and carrying me back to shore. He handed me a pair of breeches — I believe they are called — and a cotton tunic shirt with billowy sleeves.

After I said the incantation and changed — without Toshi watching — we began to head to the castle.

He led me through a back route with nearly no buildings and people. When I asked, he explained that this part of town was subject to flooding often and is usually not inhabited during this time of the year, so he uses it to sneak out when he can.