Chapter 32: Delilah's POV

This was beautiful. The waves crashed in the background as we ate our dinner. I looked over at Niall who was looking at me. I smiled and glanced up at the stars.

"It's beautiful out tonight." I say, taking a quick bite of my popcorn shrimp.

"I know. Remember when we'd try and count the stars?" Niall laughed and I nodded my head, laughing too.

"And then we'd try to make shapes out of them." I added.

"That one looks like a dolphin." Niall points up into the sky. I look up to where is is gesturing towards and spot it.

"Hey it does!" I look around and try to find another. "That one looks like a palm tree."

Niall looks over at me and then at the stars and shakes his head. He leans down and takes a sip of his drink and then sits up. "Its an umbrella."

"Is not!" I laugh and he does too.

"Yes it is! And that one looks like..I don't know." He looks straight up and I try and see where he is looking.

"Where?" I ask. He nods his head as if to ask me to come over and I do as he says. He pats his lap and I take a seat and lean back into his shoulder. I immediately feel butterflies and I can't help but smile.

"Where?" I repeat softly.

"Right there." He says, pointing up at a little group of stars.

"It's.." I look harder and then realize what it is. "It's a heart."

I look back and he blushes. I smile and then lean my head into his neck. I feel an arm wrap across my shoulders and I yawn. It was the perfect moment, right then and there. Maybe Niall was the one for me, I just wasn't sure when to tell him.

"We should probably head back." Niall says, sitting up a little. I quickly get up and grab my purse. We pay and then walk back to the car. He opens the door for me and I hop in. I lean my head on the side of the door and fall asleep as we drive home.

Niall wakes me up as soon as we arrive.

"Hey, c'mon we're here." I take a deep breath and put my hand on the handle, but hesitate. I look over Niall.

"Thank you. For tonight." He nods and leans over to kiss my cheek, but I turn my head at the last minute so he kisses my lips. We both smile into the kiss and I feel my cheeks getting red.

He pulls away, laughs and shakes his head. "I'll see you later."

I smile and get out.

I walk up to the front door and turn around to wave as Niall is pulling out of the driveway. He looks back for a minute and I wave. He honks his car and I laugh, opening the door.

--The next day--

My alarm goes off and I lean over to hit snooze. Sitting back, I stare up at the ceiling and think about last night. I lean over and grab my phone.

2 new messages

I smile and click on the first one.

FROM: NIALL

GOOD MORNING LOVE:)

I feel myself blush and smile.

TO: NIALL

GOOOD MORRRNINNGGGG:)

I then open the next one.

FROM: BRODY

PANERA @ 1?

I sigh and take a deep breath.

TO: BRODY