Chapter 34: Delilah's POV

I smiled to myself in the mirror as I finished putting makeup on at my vanity. The doorbell rang a second later. I quickly pulled my phone out of it's charger and put a thin coat of lip gloss on. The door opened and I shook my head and laughed, knowing who it was.

I hurried downstairs to see Niall sitting on our couch.

"Hello." he says, standing up.

"Hey lets go! You're going to make me late!" I open the door and run outside to his car. Niall walks slowly out the door and closes it. He takes his time walking over to his car and I roll my eyes. I was definitely going to be late.

"Ni seriously. Come on." He laughs and hops in the drivers seat. I lean over and turn the radio on.

"So are you just going to follow me around all day?" I ask with a hint of laughter.

"Yup." He says pulling into the school parking lot.

"Okay just don't distract me." He smirks and opens his door.

"Me? Never." I laugh and walk around the car.

"Okay lets go!"

"So what's your first class?" Niall asks, looking around and recieving some stares from people. I notice some girls glancing over at him and step closer to him, getting slightly jealous. Wait...jealous?

"Umm math..I think." Niall looks at me and gives me a funny look.

"You think?" I shake my head and laugh while pushing the doors to the school open.

"I have math first." I say, restating my last sentence. "And you need to check in the office and get a visitor's pass. You can't just walk around with me all day."

"Why not?" he asks, looking around the school.

"Because! Just go check in over there." I laugh and point him to the office. "Oh and here is the classroom number." I hand him a slip with the room number on it and head to my locker.

Once I get there, I quickly unpack my stuff and slide my binders into a small shoulder bag when I notice someone standing next to me.

I glance up only to see Brody.

"Umm hi." I stutter, trying to find the right words.

"Hey." He replies. I brush a strand of hair behind me ear with my fingers.

"So..whatsup?" I ask nervously. He laughs slightly.

"I was just wondering if you were still having lunch at our table. I'd like to sit with you." I turn away, unable to find words.

" You don't have to." He replies nervously, glancing at the ground.

I bite my lip and sigh. "Well I have a-"

"Hey!" Niall walks up next to me. "I got my pass."

Niall gets silent once he notices Brody.

"Oh um Niall this is Brody. Brody this is Niall." I shut my locker and turn to Brody. "Niall used to go to school here and then he um.."

I pause and take a deep breath. "Well now he's in a band. You know One Direciton?"

Brody looks up and then nods. "Yeah I've heard of them."

"Well I better get to class. Come on Niall." I say, grabbing his wrist and pulling him away from Brody.

"So was he uh.." Niall glances at the ground.

"Brody. He's just a...friend." I didn't want him to know about Brody. Niall was very protective and I didn't want him to get upset. ?I let go of his wrist and slide my hand down and let our fingers lock. "But don't worry about him."

He smiles and I do too. I notice him blush slightly, making me giggle. We walk into the classroom and Niall shows my teacher his pass. I sit down in my seat and Niall slides a chair to sit up next to me. After fifteen minutes, we are handed a worksheet with twenty problems. I grip my pencil and start working when Niall leans in to whisper something.

"I don't understand this." He raises his eyebrow while looking at the board and I laugh.

"Its just math."

"Just math? That is not math, that is letters." I burst out laughing, earning a stern look from my teacher. I mouth "Sorry" and give Niall and annoyed look.

"That is letters?" I mock him and he rolls his eyes.

"You see! You're bringing English into this too!" I let out another laugh and the teacher looks up from her desk.

"Delilah, do I need to separate you two?" Everyone looks up to stare at us and I feel my face turning hot and red.

"Um no ma'am." I look back down at my paper and try to finish the rest of the problems.

-Lunch-

"So you guys held hands?" Amy asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yep. I like him, I just don't know how to tell him." I say, walking up to our lockers

"He obviously likes you! Just don't waste time not telling him. Give him a chance. And hurry up. I want to get a good seat at lunch." I open my locker and reach for my lunchbox when I feel a hand grab my wrist.

"No. I'm taking you to lunch." Niall says, smiling. "Come on."

I glance at Amy who is already walking away. She gives me a thumbs up with a wink and I laugh.

"Okay. Where are we going?" I ask as I check myself out at the office. (I know you can't do that but oh well)

"Where do you want to go?" He asks, reaching for my hand. I take it in mine as we walk out the doors and over to his car. I could get used to this.

"How about Subway?" He nods and we let go of our hands. I hop in the seat and he starts up the engine.

((WROTE THIS LATE AT NIGHT SO IM TIRED BUT HOPE YOU LIKED IT:) COMMENT AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! WE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU GUYS! -EM&CAMXOXO))