Chapter 1| Can I Steal Your Boyfriend, Please?

Laura

What does it take to become an actress? Well, honey, it takes more than talent, skill, and a pretty face to become one. For example...

"Are you dating someone?" A reporter said with a mischievous smirk, pushing her microphone close to my mouth.

I took a deep breath and responded, "I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but aren't you supposed to be asking me about my upcoming movie or my next projects?" The reporter gave me a disgusted look before walking away with the cameraman. Can't I just enjoy a relaxing last day of vacation?

I came here after we finished shooting to rest and enjoy my single life. However, a certain someone just ruined my last day here.

I stepped out of my private jet and inhaled the air of New York. I'm back to reality. Traffic noise, people walking around everywhere, and tall, modern buildings all around this city.

I miss sunbathing and enjoying night walks along the beach. Just take me back to those wonderful moments of peace.

Emma, my assistant, interrupted my thoughts. "I think you should see this, Miss." The way she said it worries me.

"Please don't tell me it's bad news." I pleaded, and she nodded, handing me her iPad.

The car seemed to be getting smaller. I needed to get some fresh air. I wanted to throw that iPad out of the car, but then I remembered it had all my schedules and meetings on it, so I managed to calm myself and put her iPad aside.

"The last time I checked the news, all I found was talk about my upcoming movie. Did she suddenly become more famous than I am just because she started dating a billionaire?" My chest burned as I spoke.

My rage increased as I scrolled down the internet and saw all those people cheering for them and calling them the perfect match.

I never posted about my dating life on social media because I wanted to be recognized for how good my acting is, not how handsome my man is, but I guess in this generation you need a scandal to be popular.

The car finally came to a halt and I was finally home. Emma and I walked straight to the garden. I took a deep breath to relax. I need a plan.

It took me days and restless nights to build the perfect plan. I sent Emma on a vacation to find out where her boyfriend lives. It's kind of simple to find out information about those who are the targets of paparazzi. Well, I have my resources, so that makes things a little easier.

When I said "easier," I didn't mean it literally. Emma hasn't contacted me during the scheduled day. All I can do right now is walk around the house, waiting for her to return. I can't even call her.

I'll do anything to save her, since she's the best assistant you could ever ask for. She's the only person who knows everything about me, yet she never reveals anything to anyone.

The moment I realized I became alone in this world, the doorbell rang, revealing that it was Emma.

"Miss, I'm sorry," she said as she walked inside, but I couldn't care less. I hugged her and whispered, "You scared me. Never scare me like this again."

She handed me a file full of papers. I knew her well enough to anticipate that she would only return once she got the information I needed, and I was right.

"Are you sure this is where he lives?" I asked, grinning pleasantly. She nodded, and I could already see the result of my plan.

"Emma." I called her name as I made my way to my room. "Yes, Miss." She said it with her usual expressionless face.

"Get ready; we're going to buy a new apartment." I spoke it joyfully as I turned to face her. Her face became shocked, and her eyes widened. "There is no time to waste. We should go on with our plan." I added, and she nodded.

I drove to the apartment building with only one thought in mind. I will buy that apartment.

I learned a lot more about him. He owns several buildings, one of which I am about to buy an apartment in. He also runs a construction company. I couldn't care less about his other properties.

As we entered his building, I noticed numerous security guards standing outside. This building is definitely perfect for celebrities.

We were welcomed by a real estate agent in his office, who began discussing everything and also told us the price.

I was about to sign the papers when I heard footsteps behind me. I paused what I was doing and turned around to see who was behind me. I froze in my seat when I recognized who that gorgeous man was.

My target is finally here. It's time for revenge.

________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

●What are your thoughts of this first chapter?

Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to vote.