Chapter 15| I Know That You Love Me

Ryker

A day before:

It was another morning with a lot of things to do, but this morning was different because I hadn't seen her since the day she cried in my car.

I couldn't stop thinking about her and how she was feeling. Yet I found no sign of her in the building.

I adjusted in my office chair, sighing as I ran my hand through my hair.

I'm having trouble concentrating again. This has happened to me a lot ever since I met her, or maybe it's because my work has increased after I replaced all of my employees with competent ones.

I couldn't help but reread the message she had sent me that day. I ended up looking for her interviews, and that's when I came across one that I hadn't seen. I clicked on it without hesitation.

The interview began with typical questions about her work, recent projects, and other topics. That didn't last long because the interviewer decided to ask more uncomfortable questions.

I didn't like it when the journalist started asking her personal questions. Everyone could tell she was uncomfortable, yet she kept asking her useless questions about her personal life and relationships.

Despite her discomfort, she kept her composure and gracefully shifted the topic to her career achievements. However, it was clear that the journalist was not going to give up, and she did not.

"What do you find most attractive about men?" The journalist asked confidently.

"Oh, dear, not this question again." Laura reacted. They started laughing together.

"We've all noticed how you avoid questions like these. But could you try responding to my question for once?" That's a popular trick for getting what you want, and she was really excellent at it since it worked.

"Well, I'll give it a try." She stopped, then cleared her throat and said again, "What do I find most attractive about men?" She seemed to be thinking deeply. I couldn't wait to hear her response. I'm convinced I've gone insane.

"It would be the body." She stopped before adding, "Oh, and also hands."

The interviewer's eyes widened slightly as she nodded in delight. 
"You seem more specific than usual." Laura laughed in reaction to what the interviewer stated.

"We asked your fans for celebrity names; they want you to rate their bodies on a scale of 1 to 10. Can you believe that?" Laura chuckled, clearly amused by the request. 

"Oh, no." Laura stopped laughing as she dropped her head and covered her face.

"First, we have..." The interviewer waited for the picture to appear.

"Oh, what luck! We have the ruthless king from "The Queen's Pride."" The interviewer stared at the picture first and then at Laura while waiting for her answer.

"First, before I rate his body, I must say that he's a good guy, and while everyone expected us to be enemies or something because, you know, his character caused me a lot of harm, that didn't stop us from being friends in reality because, after all, it was only a part he played, and he genuinely helped me on set. So, once again, thank you very much." She smiled as she mentioned the actor. The interviewer gave her an eager expression. She was dying to hear her response.