Chapter 10| My Ex is Insane

Laura

If you have a crazy ex, just ignore him; but in my case, I can't. As I strolled through New York's dark streets, I felt a familiar car following me. I knew it was him the moment it started moving, since I'm used to it.

I have to make a quick call before things get even worse. "Listen to me; don't get involved in what's about to happen, and tell the same thing to the other men. This is an order, understood?" When my bodyguard answered the phone, I warned him. "Understood," was all he said.

Once the call ended, I felt the car grow closer to me. I had to send him one last message before getting in that car.

This will definitely help me determine if he's on my side or not, I thought. The car came to a stop and before I knew it, I was inside.

"Did you take her phone?" the one driving asked the other, who was sitting in the passenger seat. "No. The boss ordered us not to touch her." I recognized them as soon as they approached me. They work for him.

"Then just ask her, are you this stupid?" The driver snapped. "Hey, you, give me your phone right now!" I double-checked the message I sent for the last time, and he read it.

"Oh, okay. Here." I handed him my phone with a smile and said, "I see a charger over there. Could you please plug my phone in that charger since, you know, I have important calls to make?" I explained. They appeared amazed. Seriously, he sent his weakest men to bring me to him.

"Yeah, I understand you. Being famous is very hard. Especially for someone as beautiful as yourself." The driver winked at me in the rearview mirror. Honestly, I can't wait to snap his neck.

The other guy interrupted my illegal thoughts by saying, "Stop it! You're flirting with our boss's woman. He'll kill you." He reminded him. After he heard these words, his body trembled and horror filled his eyes. I know my ex well enough to imagine him doing it, which makes me even more anxious to meet him right now.

The car came to a stop in a place I was familiar with. This is where he is, and it is also where I ended my relationship with him. They opened the car door for me, and I was greeted by a red carpet beneath my feet. I looked around and saw all those men kneeling and greeting someone-or rather, their boss.

"I figured an actress like yourself would enjoy walking down a red carpet on such a special day." He began approaching me with his same wicked beauty. Dark eyes that freeze you in terror, and that same proud walk as if he owned the entire world. He examined me while running his fingers through his dark hair. "You haven't changed that much since the last time we stood here." He gave a playful smirk.

He moved behind me and tied both of my wrists. "No need to fight back. You know I'm never going to let you go now that you're in my arms." He whispered into my ears in a husky tone. "Don't worry, I'm not going to fight back tonight. I'll just sit and watch." I smirked as I turned to face him as he let go of my arms.

"You shouldn't have bothered yourself with handcuffing me. You should've just asked one of your men." I turned to face the men who were still leaning in front of him.

His jaw tightened, and he had that dangerous glare in his eyes which I have gotten used to. "They're not just kneeling for me," he explained as he approached me, then whispered in my ear, "I don't want them to look at you."

"What about those who were in the car with me?" I argued. "I'll deal with them later." His eyes exposed all of the murderous thoughts he was having at that time. "Follow me." He demanded, and I began walking down that red carpet, fully aware that what was about to happen to me would be painful.

He led me into a large room. It looked magnificent with its fancy chandelier suspended in the middle of the wall, allowing a clear view of the dark red sofa and, in front of it, a club chair in the same color. I sighed as I remembered how much he loves red, especially on his hands. I looked around and swallowed really hard once I noticed a bed. Now, I regret coming here.

"Sit." He ordered while sitting in that armchair with a glass of red wine in his hand. I sat on the sofa and couldn't help but admire how comfortable it was.

"I got that one for you since you've always preferred comfortable sofas." He took a sip from his glass. "Now, let's skip the introductions." He said this while placing the glass on the table beside him.

"I'm still surprised that you finally gave up and came to me." He leaned in closer, a smirk forming on his lips. He sat with his elbows on his laps and his fingers interlaced under his chin.

I admitted leaning against the sofa, "I need to confirm something, and I won't leave until my plan is completed. So rest assured; unfortunately, I'll be stuck here with you for a long time."

"One of the things that made me fall in love with you was this confidence of yours." He leaned back against the chair, his burning gaze fixed on me.

"No one will ever believe you're a mafia boss if you're acting so sweet." I smirked. He rose up, walked over to me, and stated, tilting my chin, "I killed every single man that ever touched you."

"Well, except for one." I sighed, then added, "You still haven't seen my man to kill him yet." His expression remained unchanged as he moved away from me. He grabbed the wine glass and gulped every last drop.

"You know, I also made certain that you never played a role in which a man could ever touch you or even breathe the same air as you." My eyes widened in disbelief as he revealed. I've always thought that actors hated me because I'm ugly, but it turns out that someone has been ruining my career all along.

"I even got your name tattooed on my chest since you liked touching my chest." He added. My teeth clenched, and my nails dug deeper into my tied hands. I want to punch him for driving me so mad, but I need to calm down. This is my last chance to confirm if he is truly willing to save me.

"No one cares. Just tell me what you're going to do with me." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Right. We're getting to the best part of this evening." He sat back down in his armchair. He refilled his glass and took a long sip. "We're getting married tonight." He pointed between us, emphasizing the word "tonight."

"Come here, honey." I teased sweetly. This tone has always made him fall head over heels for me, exactly as it does right now. "Yes, a little closer." He moved closer to me.

He finally lowered himself to my level, and I did what had to be done. "Well, that hurts. Why did you hit me on the forehead?" He hissed in pain as he walked around the room.

"My mother always told me I have a strong forehead. I guess she's right." I smirked with satisfaction. "She's totally right." He continued to rub his forehead. Based on his reaction, that must have hurt a lot.

He cleared his throat and returned his serious expression. He's back to being a jerk. "God, stop staring at me like that. You're not scaring me; you're only turning me on even more." He said while running his fingers through his hair.

He leaned in closer, his fingers grabbing my hair, and he whispered, "You know you're mine and mine alone. Don't you?" I've had enough of his nonsense.

____________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

What do you think of Laura's ex so far?

Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to vote.