Chapter 8| Dreaming of Her

Ryker

She approached me in her white silk satin dress. Her eyes were fixed on me, and only on me. She leaned in closer, and I couldn't take my eyes off her. She leaned in close to my ear, her hands on my lap, and whispered, "A handsome man like yourself can't possibly be single, can he?" I'm not sure if it's her question, her outfit, or her face that makes me feel things I can't describe. I wanted to tell her how hot she looked, but I couldn't.

I gulped heavily and finally replied, "I'm available for you. Would you like to take this somewhere else? It's very noisy over here." I pointed to all the drunk people dancing. She finally stood up, grabbed my tie, and forced me to stand up. When I stood up, I noticed Jane approaching us.

"Laura!" I called as my eyes snapped open. I began shaking and looking around the room. It's just my bedroom, and yes, I had a nightmare. Why did Jane interrupt our moment? I finally got to meet Laura after all these days.

I slapped my mouth as I realized I'd gone insane. I basically mixed reality with a dream, and now I'm dying to see her after seeing her in my dream.

Another phone call; it's from her. She keeps calling or texting me using different phone numbers. She's really annoying. I ignored her phone calls all day. That plan worked for me another day, but it wasn't long until she appeared in front of me. But this time she used a different approach to get close to me.

After work, I walked to my car, but was met by her annoying face. A familiar face stood next to her. My father. I can't take this anymore.

"It's lovely to see you here, Father. You shouldn't have bothered coming here. You're sick, and you should rest." I said this while only staring at my father.

"Son, I'm extremely disappointed in you. How could you make such a sweet woman cry?" My father sighed, exhausted. When I turned to face her, she was pretending to cry in front of my father.

“I sincerely apologize for causing you such concern, Father. But I have already told her that we are done." I replied while glaring at her. That only made her fake cry more.

"Is what he's saying true, sweetie?" My father questioned, and she began to look around. "Yes, he is right." She sobbed, and I was relieved that she hadn't lied.

"But I only want to talk to him for a few minutes, and he's refusing." She gave me a fake teary-eyed stare. Her sobs grew louder as she said, "I think..." She sniffed and added, "I think he has a woman in his life. That's why he no longer wants me."

My father's gaze was fixed on me. His rage was clear in his eyes. My father is a gentleman, and he despises seeing women mistreated. He treats my mother like a queen and she truly deserves it. I did the same to Jane, but now she's repaying me in this way.

"Is this true, Ryker?" My father snapped. He's even more angry now than before. If something happens to my father, I'll kill her.

"You don't have to be concerned, Father. You know you raised your son well enough that he would never hurt a woman's feelings, which means I didn't do anything she claims. I already ended my relationship with her, and we both moved on..." I didn't. I sighed and added, "And she was okay with the idea of breaking up since she realized we weren't good for each other." He finally appeared relaxed.

"Ryker, you're a good man, and as you mentioned, I know I raised you well, so go somewhere with Jane and talk things out so you can both end this peacefully. Alright?" He requested. It's okay; I'm only doing this for my father.

"Fine, but don't make me come back with her because I won't." I warned. He nodded and said, "I will never force you into anything, Ryker." His lips curled into a weak smile. I really hate her. How could she do this to a sick man?

"What do you want? Hurry." I demanded as we sat at a nearby café. "Oh, where has that sweet little boy tone you were using with your father gone?" She smirked.

"And where are those fake tears you used with my father not long ago?" I glared at her. She began checking her nails as she proudly stated, "That is only one of the benefits of being an actress. I am capable of playing any role well." She leaned in closer, resting her elbows on the table and her palms on her chin.

"That reminds me. You can either listen to me or I'll show off my acting skills and embarrass you in front of everyone." She faked a smile. I leaned in closer and said, "Your little words don't scare me. Also, knowing your past, you should be grateful that I didn't show anything to anyone." I winked at her. She should be grateful that I didn't expose her true self to the world.

While everyone was staring at us, she burst out laughing. She finally stopped laughing and remarked, "Now you're making me look like a villain." She sent me an evil lip pout and then said, "Well, I already know I'm one, but you shouldn't put it that way because..." She reached for my hand. I moved my hand away from her, but she had already touched it. "I only chose you because you were an easy target, and dating you helped me become more popular than actresses who waste their time on worthless roles just to make money."

She rested her back on her chair, gave me a lopsided grin, and added, "You're pathetic. How could you allow a woman to insult you while staying silent?"

I stood up and stepped in front of her, leaning in closer. "Oh, yeah? You're lucky we're in public, because if we were in a private room, I would have choked you to death and watched you die slowly in my hands. Just like I did to your brother, remember?" I smirked. I noticed her whole body trembling and her eyes widening as she maintained eye contact with me.

She just collected her things, and before she left, I called her, and she flinched. She didn't even turn around when I approached her. "Don't mess with me, okay?" I warned. I said, "I can't hear you," as she remained silent. "Fine," she murmured as she walked away, leaving me standing there.

I drove straight to the place I saw in my dream, hoping to see her there, but she wasn't there. There were just girls that flirted with me, but I couldn't care less about them.

I realized something: She's the only girl I feel comfortable having around me. After being betrayed by Jane, I always told myself that all girls are the same, but now I'm fond of her. I chose to get some fresh air since I started having wild thoughts.

I stood outside against the wall to steady myself, where I could hear noises coming from the empty, dark alley between the two buildings. I decided to look around, and that's when I saw a woman fighting two men.

They weren't fighting with words; she was fighting with professional martial arts, and she was winning. My eyes widened as I recognized who that woman was.

___________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

What are your initial thoughts on Jane?

Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to vote.