Chapter 5| Stuck With Him

Laura

Being strong sometimes doesn't mean that you need to be well-built or that you will never have a breakdown. That is a very wrong definition of power.

For me, being strong means failing and trying again and again, not winning without any effort. I also consider power as not relying on others for success. If you want something, get it for yourself and do it for yourself.

Most of the roles I've ever played needed the character to be good at fighting. That's why I had to learn martial arts. I also needed fighting in my life since the streets are a dangerous place.

I had an interview this morning, so I had to look my best. Even though I wore a lot of makeup, it couldn't hide my swollen eyes from a few days earlier. I guess that interview was successful because they didn't ask any embarrassing questions and I handled the others properly.

I was driving Emma home since my schedule was finished for the day. "Do you feel much better now, Miss?" Emma asked unexpectedly, breaking the silence. "Yeah, I'm fine." I replied while glancing in her direction before turning to the road.

"Don't worry, Miss; our plan will absolutely work this time." She assured me, her determination obvious in her eyes. "I know. This time, I'm hoping for the best." I grinned as I tightened my grip on the steering wheel.

"Don't you think it's strange, Miss, that despite the fact that they're both famous and the media is always following them, they've never been seen on dates or even holding hands?" She asked. She was correct, there is something wrong with their relationship.

"I know, right? Even last time, she waited outside the building for him, and he didn't even call and let her know he was at work." I added as I remembered the events of that day.

"Don't you think we should find out more?" She questioned as I parked in front of her house. We were now staring at each other. "No. We will only cause ourselves problems if we search deeper. We just need to focus on him." I smirked as I imagined her feelings when they won't see each other anymore. She will soon feel betrayed by the man she loves most.

"Do you have any plans to get closer to him?" She asked, her face worried. I sighed, took her hands in mine, and said, "You don't have to be concerned. My main plan worked well; there is only one roof between us, which is enough for my other plans to work."

As I stepped into the building, I noticed him walking to the elevator. I recognized him right away when I saw his well-coiffed jet-black hair and his memorable back. I called him, and he instantly turned to face me. That's some progress. He stopped walking and waited for me to approach. I got lost in his sky-blue eyes once I stood close to him.

I came back to reality when I heard him clear his throat. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just surprised that you really turned around to look at me when you heard my voice," I explained.

"There's still time for me to leave, and besides, I'm only trying to be nice before I kill you." He declared this while glaring at me. I leaned closer and whispered, "I never thought the word nice was in your dictionary, but I guess I'm lucky enough to see your good side."

He was still staring at me as he said, "You're wearing too much makeup." He pointed to my eyes. I huffed as I followed him to the elevator.

The elevator doors closed once we were inside. He decided to shock me once again with his words, asking, "Why did you cry that day?" It took me a long time to understand what he was saying.

"Are you so interested in me to ask about my feelings?" I smirked. My words had no effect on him. He simply replied, "You were very loud, and because I'm the owner of this building, I should know why you were bothering the other residents."

"Are you for real now? We're the only ones who live on this side of the building. Besides, no one told me anything." I reminded him as I glared at him. "Right! Is this part of you treating me well before killing me? You've definitely got me on this one." I pretended to be clueless, but that's fine; I'll let it slide this time.

"You know what? Now that I think about it, killing you isn't the best option; I need something much worse." He stated. "Oh my, what have I done in my life to meet such a kind person like yourself?" I said.

His phone started ringing before he could say anything. I recognized the ID as he took it out. It was her. He didn't even write her name. The ID showed "Daniel's cousin." That was her cousin. It's probably a coincidence, but I have a hunch it was her.

"You can take the phone call; it's fine." I spoke. "No need." He answered as he hung up the phone.

"By the way, isn't the elevator taking longer?" I wondered. I can't stay here any longer; I have to leave. It's suffocating, and I'm covered in sweat. "I guess so." He responded, and he appeared unbothered about the situation. He then leaned in to check the elevator's button panel and stated, "We didn't click the buttons to our floors." We lost count of time once we started talking.

It was finally time for me to exit the elevator. Before entering my apartment, I said, "If you're truly worried about me being loud, then I should remind you that you're lucky I'm a single woman and I don't bring men over here." I sent him a wink as the elevator doors closed.

______________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

●How did you imagine Ryker's appearance?

Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to vote.