Chapter 2| A Day in My Chaotic Life

Ryker

The company is in chaos because I fired my secretary. Now I have to take care of everything. That enabled me to find out a lot about my employees, especially the fraudulent ones. I'm on my way to one of them.

He just had one job: find more employees for me, but he chose the worst ones. Can we just avoid discussing the other mess he got me into?

I ran my fingers through my hair as my fury grew. My phone rang, and I reached for it. I was about to decline, but since he is the HR director, there could be a problem in the company.

"What do you want?" I asked, uninterested in greeting. "I know you hate hearing my voice, but I just wanted to ask you something," he sighed deeply.

"What?" I said it with anger in my voice. "Hear me out. How about we hire a female secretary? They work even harder and do a better job." He explained, but I couldn't care less.

"When I ordered you to find me a secretary, I precisely wanted a male secretary. Not a female." I sighed and said, "I already warned you not to mix pleasure with business. Understood?" Every day, I wake up regretting employing my cousin as a Hr executive. It's all because of my father. I should have chosen all of my employees myself.

"Yes, whatever." He said it flatly. "What did you just say?" I ordered. "I said yes, sir." He repeated it in a loud voice. I should have covered my ear.

"By the way, you left your office furious today. Where are you heading?" He asked, curious. "I'm about to fire another useless person from my company." I smirked as I remembered how useless he is. I hung up as soon as I arrived at my destination, giving him no time to say anything else.

I looked up to admire how perfect this building was. This was my first and favorite building out of all of them. If I had picked the estate agent, I would have chosen the perfect one for this building.

Due to how busy I've been lately, I didn't realize that the person who was always by my side was the only one who betrayed me. It's time to say goodbye to the old me and hello to a new, angry version of myself.

I went straight to his office. He seemed to be busy with a client, but that didn't stop me from barging in.

I could see fear in his eyes when he saw me approaching his office. "Welcome, Mr. Astor." He greeted me with trembling hands.

"Take care of him. I have no time to waste." I called the guards, and they dragged him away. I'll deal with him later since I have another problem. Let's just get out of here.

"Excuse me." A female voice said from behind me. When I turned around, she began to stand up. I carefully examined her once she was standing in front of me. She was tall and skinny, with raven black hair and forest green eyes. She looked stunning in her beige suit. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I smirked, thinking, "I like this one."

I kissed her palm gently and whispered, "Please forgive my rudeness. I haven't introduced myself." I shook her hand and added, "I'm Ryker Astor."

She nodded and then stated, "I'm Laura Carter." She paused, then added, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you." Was that a smirk I just noticed on her lips?

"Right, this is Emma, my assistant." She said. I nodded to her assistant, who nodded back.

"How can I help you, Miss Carter?" I asked as I sat in his office chair. "I had already heard everything from the realtor. I only need to sign the papers." She said it with a wide, evil grin.

"You signed papers for what?" I asked, confused. "I'm buying an apartment in this building." She spoke it as if it was nothing. And, yes, no one informed me. Nobody told me that an apartment was being sold. There is nothing I can do at this point.

"Which floor?" I asked. "The twentieth." She replied. I had to keep my poker face despite my shock. I won't let her live on the floor under mine.

"That floor isn't for sale." I told her, but she didn't seem bothered. "Too late, I already paid." She said it confidently.

"I'll give you twice the original price." I offered. While I was speaking, she grabbed the papers and signed them. "Too late, I already signed." She paused, then smirked, "Now, hand me my keys."

"I would have killed you if you hadn't been so charming." I gave her a fake smile. "Don't worry, we'll meet more often, and you'll have more chances to kill me." She winked at me. This woman.

I handed her the keys and shook her hand. I just stood there watching her walk toward her car as she left. She gave me a wave before climbing into the driver's seat. I'm not sure why I waved back.

I summoned my driver and returned to my office. My phone had been off the whole time, and when I turned it back on, I saw billions of calls from the same person. It was her.

______________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

●What are your thoughts of Ryker's pov?

Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to vote.