Chapter 20| A Fresh Start?

Laura

I was hit by the beautiful smell of the beach, salt air, and the sound of birds chirping as soon as I stepped off the plane. The warm sun on my skin immediately calmed me and made me want to start my vacation.

The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was music to my ears, and I couldn't wait to feel the sand between my toes. I closed my eyes and inhaled the refreshing scent before exhaling with a smile.

"Whoa, back to sunbathing and walking along the beach. Gosh, those were such precious moments." I grinned as I approached the car, and the driver greeted me before opening the backdoor.

The beach is as peaceful and mesmerizing as it was the last time I visited. I guess I'll stay here until the night rather than the sunset. But my thoughts were interrupted by a fight between some girls. I chose to ignore it and relax. It's okay; they'll be leaving soon. They didn't.

"Who on earth is fighting right next to my ear?" I stood up and turned around to see a blonde man with eyes the color of the ocean and his hair tousled as if he had just woken up.

He was wearing a white shirt and khaki shorts. He was surrounded by four women who were fighting over him. I decided to walk to them.

My ears grew tired of hearing the same thing over and over as I approached them. "He's mine!" One of them said. "No! He's mine!" The other one replied. This is very ridiculous!

"Can y'all just shut up!" I yelled after trying to talk to them for several minutes, but they ignored me.

They flinched and turned to face me, focusing their full attention on me. They glared at me as they approached. This will definitely turn into a fight scene. I readied myself.

"Hey, Baby. I missed you so much." The blonde man spoke in a husky voice. Is he referring to me?

The answer is yes. He approached me with a charming smile on his face, never taking his eyes off of mine. My eyes widened. Is he for real?

"Is she your girlfriend?" They all asked at the same time, stunned.

"Yes, my one and only." He gave me a warm smile while maintaining intense eye contact. After hearing his words, they all began to walk away with broken hearts.

I didn't even bother glancing at him as I went away. I don't want to get involved with anything anymore. I just don't want this vacation to go the same way as the last one.

"You didn't ask about my name." He said this while following me. "I don't ca..." I tried to speak, but he cut me off.

"I'm Kyle. Nice to meet you. From now on, we are friends." He smiled once again and extended his hand for me to shake. "No, we're not." I laughed.

"Oh, come on, I can't just walk away and leave you after you saved my life. I owe you a lot." He explained. Is it really so hard to spend just one day alone?

"I didn't do anything. You took advantage of the situation." I stated it sternly, folding my arms together.

"Mhm. Now that I think about it, you're right, but that doesn't matter because I liked you the moment I saw you and want to be friends with you." He admitted it.