Chapter 9| Worried About Her

Ryker

The noises stopped, and then I heard a female voice remark, "Never underestimate a woman." These remarks were immediately followed by footsteps. I panicked; she can't see me here. What should I do? I searched in my pockets and discovered the perfect distraction.

She finally approached me. She sighed heavily as she looked at me. "By the way, I don't like men who smoke." She stated this as she snatched the cigarette from my grasp. Now that my distraction was gone, I had to face her.

"Anything for you, baby." I smirked. She's finally by my side. I guess the dream has finally come true.

"I don't really have time for your flirting. I need to hide before the police show up and discover two bodies in this alley." She grabbed my wrist and led me somewhere far away. I realized something as we walked through the moonlight. I wasn't furious at her for touching me, and I wasn't afraid of her touch like the other girls.

We arrived in a deserted garden. She took a deep breath to relax her body before releasing my wrist. I didn't want her to stop, but I was too mesmerized by her beauty to say anything. I got obsessed with her green eyes, which sparkled beautifully under the streetlight.

As she tried to back off, I walked closer to her. "Stay still; I need to wipe something off your face." I murmured as I brushed the dust from her cheeks. We were so close that I was able to smell her jasmine perfume. I didn't want to move away from her. I just made sure to wipe her cheek till there was nothing left.

I was filled with rage as I remembered her fighting on her own. "Where are your bodyguards?" I asked. "They are hiding. I don't like having them so near me." She replied while looking away.

I took a step back and stood in front of her. "Then why didn't they take care of those men?" I questioned. "I didn't want them to get in the way. That fight was entirely for my personal pleasure. Don't worry, it wasn't anything serious." She responded calmly, but she had no idea that my heart had been ripped for her since the day I heard her screams and sobs.

She wasn't sad for the normal reasons; there's something deep down that's hurting her, and she's hiding it from everyone, or rather, she believes she's protecting everyone by not telling them. I exhaled deeply and reminded her, "Don't forget that I'm always here for you, so stop hiding anything from me."

"I told you not to worry. I'm a big girl, and I know how to protect myself." She explained. She started walking away. She cut me off before I could even say anything. "Now, it's too late to stay outside. Bye, I'm going home." She stopped, turned around, and said, "Oh, I almost forgot. I need your phone number." She handed me her phone, and I typed my contact information.

I took my time heading home, and as I arrived at the parking lot, I noticed something. Her car isn't parked in its regular place. She was the first to leave, but her car isn't here. I looked all over the parking lot but couldn't find her car. Something is wrong.

___________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to vote.