Chapter 6| The Truth of Our Broken Relationship

Ryker

All I can hear are footsteps approaching my office. It's my new secretary. He knocked, walked in, closed the door behind him, and said, "Good morning, sir. I'm here to inform you of your schedules for today." I finally found the perfect secretary. He didn't waste my time and got right to the point, and he didn't even wait for me to greet him back.

"That's all you've got for the day, sir." He spoke, his face expressionless. "Before you leave, I have to warn you about something." I remarked, my expression serious.

I stood up and began heading toward him. "As I have already mentioned, I don't want anyone in this office." I added, "However, I haven't told you about one in particular." I pulled my phone out and showed him a photo of her. "This one." I can tell by the look in his eyes that he's curious.

"Understood?" I questioned. "Yes, sir." He nodded. "Good, you may leave now." I said, and he immediately left, leaving me alone in this office. I looked down at my phone, looking at the picture I had shown him. Just looking at her face makes me angry. I sighed as I remembered all of my memories with her.

It all started with her cousin as well as my secretary, Daniel. We needed someone to appear in our TV commercial. As usual, he handled the selection since I was too busy to do so. I still regret not selecting myself. He brought his cousin, Jane Martin, claiming she is a well-known actress.

Despite his claims that she was famous, I didn't recognize her. I couldn't care less because I realized I never watched television. I had to be present when they started filming the commercial. That's when I met her. At first, our relationship was platonic. I wanted to talk with her more before we started dating, but she refused. She wanted to show me off to the paparazzi and to everyone she knows.

Due to the nature of my job, I didn't have much time to spend with her. She always blamed me for not hanging out with her. When we got into a fight one night, I took her out. That's when the media found out, or rather, that's when she informed the press by hiring a reporter to publish pictures of us.

I didn't like it, so I told her we were done, but she kept following me. That's when she decided to get assistance from her cousin. He let her into the company, or more specifically, the meeting room where I was having an important meeting with a very important client. That was nothing in comparison to the lies she told those people and the fake tears she shed.

She caused my company to fail. I fired her cousin and all the other worthless people in this company, and my business is doing much better now.

All those years ago, I made the decision not to give my heart to anyone, and when I did, she used it to show me off like a trophy she had just won. The word "hate" is nothing compared to how I feel about her.

The sound of the phone ringing brought me back to reality. I rushed to my phone, expecting someone else to call, but it was her. Once I saw her phone number, the only option I had was to block her. I returned my phone to my office and leaned back in my chair, running my fingers through my hair.

The cold breeze on the balcony helped me relax, but it wasn't enough. I know a better place where I could feel much better. As I stepped onto the rooftop, a beautiful view immediately caught my attention. A tall black raven hair was blowing in the wind. She just sat there staring at the stars without saying anything. She was quietly enjoying the view, as I was enjoying hers.

"Isn't it too cold for you to be here?" I remarked as I approached her. She turned to face me and said, "Fresh air helps me relax."

"Same," I murmured, staring at her. Her eyes are still puffy. "You look ugly with your swollen eyes." I broke the silence. "Thanks," she responded, glaring at me, "but I still look hot." She flipped her hair. My lips unexpectedly twisted into a smile. She noticed it. I'm doomed.

"Did you just smile at me?" She asked, her eyes wide. I shook my head. "Stop lying and just say it." She ordered. I had to change the subject. I noticed her body shivering even more as the air got colder. I had an idea. I quickly stood up and began removing my hoodie. I sensed her intense stare on my chest as I offered it to her. I was wearing only a white t-shirt underneath my hoodie.

I used this opportunity to tease her. "It looks like you're enjoying what you're seeing." I smirked. My voice pulled her back to reality. "Nah, I'm just surprised that you have muscles." She grimaced. "Here, put this on." I offered. She took it without hesitation and whispered, "Thank you."

I couldn't take my eyes away from her as she stood up and tried to put on my hoodie. That's when I noticed something on her face. It was a slight blush. Even though it was too faint to be noticed, I saw it.

____________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

What do you think of Ryker's point of view toward his relationship?

Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to vote.