Chapter 19| The Hardest Part

Laura

Now that I've seen him for the last time, I regret using him. I always did, actually. Something tells me that leaving him now is the best thing for him.

He doesn't deserve me. He's looking for a girl to help him heal his broken heart. My heart is already broken.

Our paths crossed as I walked outside to leave this building forever. I couldn't help but whisper, "I'm sorry," as I walked away. I hope he didn't hear it, because saying sorry is never enough to fix betrayal.

I took one last glance at the building that started it all. I met him in this building, and I left him with a broken heart in this same building. I guess I'm much worse than Jane. I hope he finds happiness without me, even if it's with Jane.

I headed to the radio station to do my interview. I walked there, right to where the radio show was scheduled to be. There isn't much time to waste. I have a lot of things scheduled.

"Good morning, everyone. I hope you're having a wonderful day. Please drive carefully, and thanks for tuning in to our show, to anyone who is driving." The radio host began.

"Let's not waste any more time since we have a special guest today. She's the mysterious type, I must say. I never imagined I'd have the opportunity to interview you in person. Please everyone welcome, Laura Carter." She turned to face me.

I've avoided her since the beginning of my acting career because she's the type to ask very personal questions. I chose her today because everyone listens to her. She's famous, which is why I need her to get what I want.

"Thank you so much for inviting me on your radio show. I'm honored to be here, and I want to thank all of our wonderful listeners." I said.

"Thank you very much for taking the time to interview me. I've been preparing questions for you for years, hoping for the opportunity to meet you." The radio host admitted, a smirk forming on her lips.

I'll regret this for sure. I laughed nervously as she replied, "Well, let's get started. There is no time to waste."

Please, someone, anyone, save me. I regret coming here. Most of the questions she asked were the same ones I anticipated with Emma, so I didn't have a problem with them until she asked me this one.

"The only thing that would make me the happiest woman alive is to find out why you didn't respond to the rumor that you were dating Ryker Astor." She gave a sly grin.

"There's no need for me to respond because I'm not dating him and, as you mentioned, it's a rumor. Unless I confirm it, it's false information." I declared.

"Oh, I see. Then, are you in love?" She asked confidently. I sighed slowly, trying to calm down. This is too much for me.

"Love?" After I lost it, I burst out laughing. "The last time I used the word "love," I ended up with a broken heart. Let's talk about things that are more important, such as money, success, and power. Don't you think these words sound wonderful coming from your mouth? This gets me to my point: instead of asking about relationships and such, how about asking about other people's roads to success in order to be inspired and to inspire listeners?" I suggested. Her eyes widened as she looked around.

"Look, I'm not here to teach you how to do interviews. I'm only here to make an announcement and then leave." I sighed, and her widening eyes fixed on mine.