Chapter 32| Happy With You

Laura:

Peace finally found its way to me after three months since that incident. Ryker has recovered, there has been no word on Damien, and Jane is most likely living in another city or country; who knows? 

Will I finally be able to enjoy a peaceful life? When nothing awful happens, I worry more than be glad; I fear that something horrible will happen soon and that the happy moments will be temporary. 

But that fear disappears once I remember Ryker is by my side. I'm grateful that I got to see him more, and I'm determined to cherish every moment with him forever. 

By the way, here's a recap of the last three months. I got to meet Ryker's parents after he entered the hospital, which was a terrible time to meet them. We ended up staying in their house while he was still recovering since they wouldn't let him live alone until he was fully recovered. I learned more about them, and they did the same. They also met my parents, who had come to see Ryker. 

Thankfully, they liked me. It was all because of Ryker's cheesy confession. It warmed their hearts, and they supported our relationship. 

Next here's some unexpected news: Kyle and Emma started dating, and he's planning to propose to her. The trouble is that he told me to keep it a secret, but I can't hide anything from Emma; I have to, so she can feel the surprise and joy of his proposal. 

Ryker hasn't proposed to me yet, now that I think about it. Well, if he doesn't do it, I will. I'll propose to him. 

"What are you thinking of so deeply?" I flinched as I heard his deep voice next to my ear. I turned around, and my gaze was met by a smirking Ryker. 

"Were you thinking of me?" His smirk widened as he folded his arms together. 

I approached him until I was inches away from his lips and smirked, "I have no one else to think of except you." As I stepped back, his eyes widened in surprise. 

I turned around and tried to open his apartment door to enter, but his voice stopped me midway. 

"I've also been thinking of you all day." He said softly. I was lucky he was facing my back and didn't see my surprise. Even after months of dating, his comments still warm my heart and make me feel things I can't put into words. 

The next thing I knew, I was trapped in his arms. His warmth on my back made me feel safe and loved. 

"I missed you so much." He sighed against my neck, sending shivers down my spine. 

"I missed you too, Ryker, but you need to learn to be patient." I said as I took his hands off my stomach and turned to face him. 

"How can I possibly be patient when my girlfriend is so lovely?" I couldn't help but smile as I heard his words. How does he always manage to make me feel so special? 

"Get in. I need to change your bandage." I said as I walked inside. Ryker followed me into the house, his eyes never leaving my face. 

"Could you please not bandage it today?" He begged, hoping to avoid the pain. 

"Nope." I shook my head as I walked to the bathroom and took the first aid kit from the cabinet.