Chapter 17| I've had enough!

Laura

The paparazzi never fail to impress me. My revenge was successful. It's time to say goodbye to all the years of pain and hello to the years of sweet revenge.

Jane has undoubtedly read the headlines and realized that I had made it. She should definitely experience what I felt when she took Jack.

How can I know Jane is devastated? It's so simple to find out. She didn't publish anything on her story, and all of her posts were deleted.

I told you it wasn't just a childish game. I'm not taking revenge because I loved Jack. I'm doing this for myself and to let her experience what I went through because her life was easy enough for her to have any man she wanted, but she didn't get Ryker after all.

I should thank whoever took these photos of us, especially the one with my head on his shoulder.

I would be lying if I said I didn't see him take that photo, but I took advantage of the situation for my own benefit, and it worked.

I need to get out of bed since I have a lot of things to do today. It was my moment of happiness, and I knew it wouldn't last forever.

"Good morning, Miss." Emma greeted me with the same expressionless expression she always has.

"Good morning, Emma!" I replied, sitting down on the chair in front of the table with a smile.

"Congratulations, Miss. I knew you'd make it." Emma smiled for the first time.

"Well, what do we have here? I never thought you were evil enough to be pleased with my success at something so wicked." I admitted as I waited for her response.

"You've been through a lot, Miss. I'm happy you're finally at peace." She smiled again, but this time it was genuine.

She's kind of right, but mostly wrong. Yes, I got my revenge, but in order for my plan to work, I ended up using someone, and that person was Ryker. So I had to make a decision sooner or later. I knew that I had to face the consequences of my actions.

I rose up after finishing my meal, and Emma soon followed, leaving her food behind. I began walking away. "Emma," I called.

"Yes, Miss." She answered.

"Get ready..." I paused as I turned to face her with a smirk, then added, "We're moving out of this apartment." Her eyes widened in surprise and confusion as she stared at me.

I really just saw a happy and surprised Emma. What a wonderful day! "It's time for a fresh start," I said with a grin.

They were now applying my makeup when I noticed their strange looks. Okay, this is definitely weird. They've been staring at me like this since I walked in with dark sunglasses covering most of my face.

"If you have anything to say to me, I'm all ears. Don't feel embarrassed; I'm just like you-just another person trying to make it through this thing we call life." I smiled as she paused doing my makeup and looked at me.

I can see her struggling as she tries to speak. "Can I take a picture with you? Please?" She asked hesitantly, her face reddened.