Chapter 31| Revenge Is Over

Laura:

Our plan was clear. I'll let him take me, which allows me to meet Jane and put an end to this endless conflict. It's the basic plan, but there's also the more difficult and detailed one. 

I think I've made up my mind. I'll go with the difficult one that involves taking someone's life. They are the ones who chose this for themselves. I was going to be kind with them, but now that they've taken Ryker away from me, I won't. It's a risky plan that might fail, but I'll do anything to bring Ryker back home with me. 

"I don't have time to waste on them, so take care of them." I gave my order as I walked inside. They took care of all his men, saving me time to go look for him. 

I could feel my heart racing as I walked through the dimly lit hallway because none of his men were standing inside, indicating that he had been waiting for my arrival. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins, and I knew this was the critical moment. They have bigger plans than we imagined. 

I reached for the door handle and shoved it open. The room was dark, but I could see the silhouette of someone seated in a chair in the center. I ran to switch on the light, hoping it was Ryker, but it wasn't. 

"My queen has finally arrived." Damien smirked as he rose from his red armchair. 

Without hesitation, I pulled out my weapon and aimed it at him. He smiled up at me as he moved closer to me. It was too late to back out now. I had to finish this plan. 

"Where is Ryker?" I said it through gritted teeth as my rage grew. 

Damien chuckled, "Oh, he's safe with Jane." He kept walking toward me, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "You remember her, right? She's your dearest friend." He let out a loud laugh. 

I tightened my grip on the weapon, ready to fire. "Where is he now?" I demanded, my voice shaking with anger. 

Damien shrugged, still smirking. "Oh, come on! You know I can't tell you. "The fun hasn't even begun yet." 

He was the one who taught me how to use a gun, and now I'm going to use it on him. I smirked at the thought of seeing him defeated. 

"You want to see some real fun?" I pulled the trigger, and the sound of gunfire echoed around the room. When it was all over, the only sound I heard was him falling to his knees. 

"Here. What do you think? Fun. Isn't it?" I burst out laughing as I noticed the fear in his eyes. 

"You're crazy." He stated that with wide eyes. He had blood on his hand from touching his shoulder. I aimed for his shoulder but didn't shoot it. Instead, I shot the end of his shoulder, only leaving a scratch but enough to make him bleed. 

"Crazy? No, I'm just getting started," I said with a smirk. "You see, I have a whole list of things planned for you." 

I moved closer to him, and his smirk never left his lips. "Damn it, Laura. After seeing what you did to me today, I'm never leaving you again." I couldn't help but laugh at what he said. 

Once I was facing him, I squatted on my haunches, grabbed his hair, and said, "Touch him again, and I will kill you." 

"It would be an honor to die in your gorgeous hands." He grinned again, and I snorted at his remarks.