21: Hospital

(Woozi POV)

Throughout the ride to the hospital, Sana didn't utter a single word, just stared at Tzuyu's unconscious figure.

I never thought that Tzuyu would stoop to this level. And Sana's reaction is breaking my heart. What can I even do?

I am sitting right next to Sana in the crowded hospital waiting room.

The others didn't want to show up, I think. I wouldn't want to too, but someone needs to be with Sana, who happens to be me.

To comfort Sana, I place my right hand on her trembling shoulder.

"Sana, we have to stay strong." I whisper to her, afraid that if I speak too loud, she'll break.

Sana looks up, tears streaming down her face.

"I can't believe Tzuyu did this... Why would she risk her, Yuna and Seulgi's lives like that? Why would she even do it?" She sobbed into her palms as I began to feel the weight of the situation on my own shoulders.

"I don't have all the answers, Sana. Tzuyu's actions... they're driven by something we might never fully understand. But right now, what matters is that we just and hope for the best. We need to check up on Yuna as well. I don't think she's going to be okay when she hears the news of Seulgi's death". Sana wipes her tears off and nods.

"You're right, Woozi. We need to be there for her when she wakes up. But, we knew about this. Her stupid plan. But, we hid it from everyone. Are we accomplices too?" Unable to find any explanation, I decide to stare at the white ceiling of the hospital.

As we wait, the sound of footsteps as a doctor approaches us. He looks at us with a serious expression but his eyes give away the pity he feels for us.

"Are you here for Chou Tzuyu?" He asks and we both nod at him

"I'm sorry to inform you that her condition is critical. We managed to stabilize her, but she sustained severe injuries." Me and Sana exchange worried glances, our hearts sinking.

Hesitating, I ask, "Will she be alright? Can we see her?"

'We'll do everything we can, but I have to warn you, her recovery will be a long and difficult process. You can see her briefly, one person at a time." The doctor says as he clasps my shoulder. Sana takes a deep breath.

"I'll go first, Woozi. I need to be there for her." I nod, giving Sana a reassuring smile.

 "Take your time. I'll be here when you're done."

As Sana walks away with the doctor, I find myself alone in the waiting room once again.

I close my eyes, sending a silent prayer to whoever might be listening, hoping for Tzuyu's enlightenment, Yuna's recovery, Seulgi's soul to rest in peace and for our little circle of friends to find solace in the midst of this painful ordeal.

................................................................................................