27: Tzuyu's friend

(Mina POV)

I briskly pace around in Yuna's hospital room with Yuna in a tired slumber, my mind swirling with a mix of anger and sorrow. The weight of Seulgi's death hangs heavy on my shoulders, and I can't shake the resentment that's built up towards Tzuyu, the one responsible for this tragedy.

As I exit Yuna's hospital room, I find Momo lingering outside, her expression a mixture of concern and guilt.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my voice sharper than intended. The mere sight of Momo, who happens to be friends with Tzuyu, fuels the anger within me.

Momo looks up, her eyes widening at the hostility in my tone. "Mina, I just... I wanted to check on Yuna. How is she doing?"

"Yuna is devastated, thanks to your friend. Seulgi is dead because of Tzuyu." I cross my arms, a defensive barrier against the emotions raging within me.

"I know, Mina. I can't even comprehend what Tzuyu did. It's a nightmare." Momo's gaze drops, and I can see a flicker of remorse in her eyes.

"A nightmare that Seulgi will never wake up from," I retort, my bitterness evident.

"Mina, I understand your anger. I do. But I want you to know that I had no idea Tzuyu would do something like this. I'm just as shocked and devastated as you are." Momo takes a step closer, her voice pleading.

"Forgive me if I find it hard to believe that you, her friend, had no clue. How well do you really know her?" I scoff, unable to contain my frustration.

"Mina, Tzuyu and I were friends, but people change. I never thought she would go to such extremes." Momo's eyes flash with a mix of hurt and defensiveness.

"Well, congratulations. Your friend's actions have snatched Yuna's girlfriend out of her arms. Seulgi's gone, and Tzuyu needs to pay for what she's done."

Momo's shoulders slump, and for a moment, I see a vulnerability in her that catches me off guard. "I want justice for Seulgi too, Mina. I just don't know how to face Yuna, knowing that I was close to Tzuyu."

"Look, Momo, I get it. This is a mess, and we're all trying to cope. But right now, Yuna needs support. Just... be careful how you approach her. She's hurting, and she might not want to see someone connected to Tzuyu." I soften slightly, realizing that Momo is grappling with her own guilt.

"I'll be here for Yuna however I can, even if it means facing the consequences of Tzuyu's actions." Momo nods, a somber acknowledgment of the difficult road ahead.

As Momo and I exchange heavy words, the hospital hallway becomes a battleground of emotions, each step echoing the complex web of relationships shattered by a single, tragic event.

I turn away, the encounter leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. As I walks in the hospital corridors, I can't shake the lingering tension with Momo, a reminder of the shattered bonds that once connected us all.

................................................................................................