again

Author's POV:-

A young man around 20 ,dressed in the infamous black and red robes, is standing at the edge of the cliff on  nightless city trying his best to stop his tears  falling from his eyes but failing miserably.

He thinks that he had failed everyone, everyone who is dear to him. And today he lost his last ray of hope and sanity in the form of his marital sister, his shijie. She died while protecting him, took the sword, that was meant for him, in her chest. Now he does not want to live, not anymore. He just want to end everything.

So he took a step back moving toward the edge with a broken smile and tears in his eyes ,forgetting that he still has a little hope in the form of lan zhan ,his lan zhan, who upon seeing his wei ying broken to the core had flew towards him.

Lan zhan' POV:-

I was fighting with corpses and other cultivators who were on my way to my wei ying. I just wanted to reach to him quickly because everything felt off. I looked towards the crowd to find wei ying only to see a broken man who is smiling through his tears. But what shocked me and instilled fear in my heart was wei ying standing at the cliff edge. He was moving backwards while tightly clenching chenqing in his hand.

And at this moment, realization hit me hardly, he wants to die. My soulmate wants to die leaving me alone in this cruel world. They had broken him beyond repair. I fought immediately flew towards the cliff only to find myself catching one of my love's hand who is now dangling from the cliff.

Author's POV

Wei ying opened his eyes when he felt that someone had caught his hand only to find his soulmate, his lan zhan . He saw fear, worry and sadness in those eyes that were once so cold that no one can read them. Fear was reflecting from his face , breaking his ice jade facade. He wants to live for lan zhan , but still his love for lan zhan isn't enough for him to live as they will harm lan zhan if they found about their relationship. He is the reason behind all this massacre  and now he doesn't want to risk lan zhan's life. Besides they, his precious ones, needed him. And he can't risk his precious ones lives because of his selfishness and justice, not now, not again.

So he, with all the braveness left in him said with a horse voice," let me go lan zhan"

But lan zhan ,like always, is as stubborn as mule. He didn't let go off wei ying . He holds onto his hands tightly with all the might he have, even when blood was gushing out from his wounded shoulder.

Just as he was trying to pull wei ying up,  from the corner of his eyes, lan zhan saw jiang wanyin coming towards them with sandhu in his hands. He was still trying to lift wei ying up when he saw jiang wanyin raising his sword, aiming it towards his love. He wasn't the one to beg but still he tried, tried one last time to save his love.

"Jiang wanyin, stop it".his voice was weak and sounds like he was begging and requesting, but jiang cheng , who was lost in his sadness and grief of losing his sister didn't listen to anything. But even then at the edge of losing his sanity, he still can't kill his last family, his brother whom he loved just like his sister, but his anger had blinded his Logical thinking .

So He attacked the vital point of the cliff. And on seeing this wei ying panicked. It doesn't matter if he died, but he doesn't want anything happens to his love because of him, so he removed his hand from lan zhan's hand mouthing " I'm sorry and I love you" to him. And then he fell, fell into the endless abyss with a smile on his face, a peaceful smile, he was happy that he saved his love. Happy that his precious ones will have someone with them.

But what he saw next shocked him to the core. Lan zhan had also jumped off the cliff following him. Lan zhan caught upto him and embraced wei ying tightly.

"Lan zhan, why..." asked wei ying

"There is no lan zhan without his wei ying" lan wangji said before wei wuxian can complete. Tears started falling freely from wei ying's eyes when he heard this.

Then lan zhan hugged wei ying tightly and turned him around so that his back will face the harsh impact when they collide with the bottom. Then they looked into each other's eyes and said together '  I love you's  ' to each other.

And then they fell into the endless abyss only to find themselves...............