wen xu

It was when they decided to meet wen xu. All the juniors-cum-seniors had reached the designated spot and took their seats waiting for an indication of his arrival. All of then were sitting together when a disciple inform them of his arrival. All of them had decided to wear commoners robes instead of their sect ones, so that they can mingle easily in the crowd.

Nie huaisang, jiang cheng and jiang yanli used their invisiblity tailsmans and hide themselves. It will help them to hide themselves from the naked eye, but someone with high cultivation can sense their presence. And wen xu isn't that one, so they are rest assured.

Wen qing ,Lan xichen and nie mingjue took their seats waiting for him to enter. Sometimes later he entered, his face was blank not like his previous self that wen qing remembered. But when his eyes landed on her, there was a flicker of some emotions in his eyes before disappearing completely.

"So it was really you who wanted to meet me. But why take these two." He said with a blank face and his voice cold.

"Xu-ge.." wen qing started, composing herself on seeing wen xu like this. She could not believe that he had changed completely in just some years. While she was in a daze looking at him, Others were shocked at the endearment she used for him.

"Don't call me that" he roared suddenly losing his composure "just tell me, what do you want and leave" he said rudely making her flinch a little

Wen qing's pov

It was difficult to see him like that. He was the who always Pampers me before wen chao and wen ning came into our life. He was the big brother that was always there for me, but now he didn't  even want to be addressed like that by me.

But who am I to blame him, when it was me and my foolish rage who decided to leave them first when I knew that they needed me, we needed each other. But now I will not back out. I tried to gather my compose and started

"Young master wen, we have something to discuss with you."  he just nodded motioning me continue

"We know about the possessions of yin-iron shard by his excellency. Our source has informed us that he was trying to purify it, but failed and now is sinking into madness"
I stated confidently and I can swear on my ancestors that his expressions change a little and his eyes flickered

"So what if he has. What are you going to do, kill him? If that's the case then you will have to go through me before hurting him even a bit." He replied coldly looking straight into my eyes and ready to fight if needed

" I am not saying that. I just wanted to help you and his excellency. Other sects will also help him, if he isn't at fault. We really mean it." I said and for a moment he looked confused then he looked at xichen and mingjue for confirmation, who nodded their head slightly to ensure him.

"And why should I trust you?" He asked while raising his left eyebrow

"Because we really mean it. We have been informed that yin-iron is cursed and if someone tries to purify it, its resentment will destroy their core and blacken their heart. We just wanted a peaceful life and we really mean it when we said that." said lan
Xichen who decided to take the matter in his hand as he contemplated that wen xu needs reassurance

"We can assure you if you want" said nie mingjue

"How can I when your clan was spying on us. They were looking for reasons to attack our minor clans and thus forcing us to back out and isolate ourselves" he again said, voice void of any emotion looking blankly at lan xichen.

It was hard for even lan xichen to read him, when he was pro in reading others mind. His heart and mind was blank .It was like he has no reason and will to live.
Whereas new information shocked everyone