gap

5 years later

Five years had past since wei ying  started living with Jiang's and lan's. He was happy to live with them but he couldn't let go of his regrets. Regrets of not being able to save his family once again. He was thinking of all this while sitting at one of the docks of lotus pier when...

"Ying-ge, you are here. I was searching for you in the entire lotus pier." Jiang wanyin said while going towards him. He sat beside him and looked at his ying-ge carefully observing his face and expressions.

He knows that whenever his ying-ge misses his a-niang and a-die, he always come here and looked at this lotus pond. This was their favorite place, his ying-ge had planted those with his parents, on their stay here when he was a child. His happy memories are attached with it.

"Are you missing shushu and shenshen again, ying-ge?" Said the careful voice of jiang cheng.

Most of the time wei ying avoided the topics about his parents because of his regrets. And Jiangs respected his choice. But, today jiang cheng couldn't kept his curiosity to himself, when he saw his ge sad and upset. He wanted to confort his brother, but he didn't know how.

"Why are you here, a-cheng?" Wei ying asked changing the topic as he looked at his didi

"A-niang called you. She was looking for you but couldn't find you, so she asked me to look for you ." Jiang cheng said leaving the topic

"Oh...let's go. She must be waiting for us" wei ying said trying his best to smile, but couldn't. He was in a bad mood from beginning. Last night he got nightmares from his past life and the time when his parents died, his shijie's death along with other bad memories, which lead him to where he was now sitting. He missed his fanily so much.

It's not like wei ying was not happy with Jiang's or lan's . They had loved and cared him like their own child. But Today he was extremely sad, Because he knew that lan clan delegation will be here and he has to leave, once again.

He reached the throne room and greeted everyone. In the eyes of others, He was the exact copy of his mother in terms of appearance and  personality alongwith his father's smartness and calm mind. He was their perfect mixture, but they are not here to see this.

"Jiang shushu, yu shenshen, elder lan" he greeted his elders and bowed to others before turning to his love, he showed his ever so brightening smile towards his one and only lan zhan and greeted him "Lan zhan"

"A-ying, the delegation of lan clan is here to take you to lan clan. Is your packing done ?"

"Yes , jiang shushu. Just some things are left to do. Can lan elders wait for a day or two, so that I can finish my work here?." Wei ying asked politely

"We can, young master wei. Afterall we are here before the fixed time." Replied a lan elder who is too find of wei ying to say no to him.

"Wei ying thanks the lan elders." Wei ying thanked them with a beaming smile, brighter than sunshine and jiang cheng closes his eyes, mumbling something alongwith too bright. Wei ying is polite when he needed to but he didn't left or changed his mischievous personality. And why should he , his lan zhan likes him this way.

"Lan zhan, are you coming with us?" After thanking and bowing to them he turned to lan zhan and asked him if he wanted to go with them or not

"Mhm" lan zhan replied smiling happily that can only be seen on special occasions or with someone special.

"Let's go, then" wei ying said with a smile . Lan zhan stood up and moved towards him and held his hand in his own. After that they bowed to their elders and left with jiang cheng and jiang yanli trailing behind them.