Chapter 1

"Moisture farms for the most parts

"Moisture farms for the most parts. Some indigenous tribes and scavengers. The few spaceports like this one are havens for those who don't wish to be found." Qui-Gon said walking in the streets of Mos Espa.

"Like us." Padmé replied looking around.

The group found the shopping market part of the spaceport.

"We'll try one of the smallest dealers." the Jedi Master stated before heading towards a shop.

"I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian." Qui-Gon said walking away with Watto while Padmé noticed two kids, a blond boy and a brunette girl.

"Are you an angel?" said the boy.

"What?" Padmé asked confused.

"An angel. I heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They are the most beautiful creature in the universe." continued the little boy "I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come by here. We are pilots and someday we're gonna fly away from this place."

"Forgive my brother, miss." replied the little girl "When he starts talking, he never ends."

"It's ok. Don't worry. Are you pilots?" asked Padmé intrigued.

"All our lives." he answered.

"How long have you been here?"

"Since we were three, I think, our mom and us were sold to Gardulla the Hutt but she lost us betting on the Podraces." affirmed the brunette.

"You're a slave." said Padmé sadly.

"We are people and our names are Anakin and Mary." Anakin replied sternly.

"I'm sorry. My name is Padmé." said desolated.

"Don't worry Padmé." Mary said with a little smile "We are used to being called so."

Suddenly they heard a noise and saw Jar Jar touching a small droid that started running around.

"Hit the nose." said Anakin to the Gungan.

Jar Jar finally turned off the droid. Qui-Gon suddenly returned to the shop "We're leaving."

"I have to go... it was nice to meet you, Anakin and Mary." said Padmé before leaving.

"We were glad to have met you too." said the blond.

☾☼

Padmé walked behind the Jedi and heard him contact Obi-Wan Kenobi and suddenly saw Jar Jar on the ground and Anakin and his sister helped him.

"Hi." greeted the twins.

"Hi there." Qui-Gon approached them.

"Your buddy here was about to be turned into orange goo." Anakin stated "He picked a fight with a Dug called Sebulba." continued Mary.