Chapter 25

Han pulled back on the controls and the ship began to move

Han pulled back on the controls and the ship began to move. The dull thud of laser bolted bouncing off the outside of the ship as Chewie adjusted his controls.

"I hope the old man got that tractor beam out if commission, or this is going to be a real short trip. Okay, hit it!" Han said.
Chewbacca growled in agreement.
The Millennium Falcon powered away from the Death Star docking bay, made a spectacular turn and disappeared into the vastness of space.

Luke, saddened by the loss of Obi-Wan Kenobi, stared off blankly as the robots looked on. Leia put a blanket around him protectively, and Luke turned and looked up at her. She sat down beside him.
Mary was still crying in the corner of the ship. She had lost most of her loved ones and felt guilty about it, she could have done more to save them.

Solo spotted approaching enemy ships.

"We're coming up on the sentry ships. Hold 'em off! Angle the deflector shields while I charge up the main guns!"

Luke looked downward sadly, shaking his head back and forth, as the princess smiled comfortingly at him.

"I can't believe he's gone." Luke added.
R2 beeped a reply.
"There wasn't anything you could have done." Leia said.

Han rushed into the hold area where Luke was sitting with the princess and Mary in the corner, crying.
"Come on, buddy, we're not out of this yet!" Han said and he turned to Mary, "Hey Lady Jedi, we need you too."
"Yes... I'm coming, sorry." Mary replied.

Solo climbed into his attack position in the topside gunport.
Luke got up and moved out toward the gunports as Mary and Leia headed for the cockpit. Luke climbed down the ladder into the gunport cockpit, settling into one of the two main laser cannons mounted in large rotating turrets on either side of the ship.
Han adjusted his headset as he sat before the controls of his laser cannon, then spoke into the attached microphone.

"You in, kid? Okay, stay sharp!" Han said.

Chewbacca, Mary and Princess Leia searched the heavens for attacking Tie fighters.
The Wookiee pulled back on the speed controls as the ship bounced slightly.
Computer graphic read outed form on Solo's target screen, as Han reached for controls.
Luke sat in readiness for the attack, his hand on the laser cannon's control button.
Chewbacca spotted the enemy ships and barked.

"Here they come!" Leia yelled.

The Imperial Tie fighters moved towards the Millennium Falcon, one each veering off to the left and right of the pirate ship.
The stars whipped past behind the Imperial pilot as he adjusted his maneuvering joy stick.
The Tie fighter raced past the Falcon, firing laser beamed as it passed.
3PO was seated in the hold area, next to R2.

The pirateship bounced and vibrated as the power went out in the room and then came back on.
A Tie fighter maneuvers in front of Han, who followed it and fired at it with the laser cannon. Luke did likewise, as the fighter streaked into view. The ship had suffered a minor hit, and bounced slightly. Two Tie fighters dove down toward the pirate ship.
Luke fired at an unseen fighter.