Chapter 5

Anakin and Mary yelled and ran over to Padmé and the Jedi, who were discussing a battle plan with five Gungans generals

"They're here."

"Good, they made it." Padmé said.

Three speeders pulled up to the group.

"What is the situation?" asked Padmé.

"Almost everyone's in camps. A few hundred police and guards have formed an underground resistance movement. I brought back as many of the leaders as I could. The Federation Army's also much larger than we thought, and much stronger. Your Highness, this is a battle I do not think we can win." Panaka said.

"The battle is a diversion. The Gungans must draw the Droid Army away from the cities." added Padmé, "R2-D2, we can enter the city using the secret passages on the waterfall side. Once we get to the main entrance, Captain Panaka will create a diversion. Then we can enter the palace and capture the Viceroy. Without the Viceroy, they will be lost and confused."

The Jedi looked on with interest.

"What do you think, Master Jedi?"

"The Viceroy will be well guarded." stated the Master.

"The difficulty's getting into the throne room. Once we're inside, we shouldn't have a problem." Panaka added.

"There is a possibility, with this diversion many, Gungans will be killed."

"Wesa ready to do are-sa part." Boss Nass said.

The twins watched with interest.

"We have a plan which should immobilize the Droid Army. We will send what pilots we have to knock out the Droid control ship orbiting the planet." said Padmé.

"A well-conceived plan. However, there's great risk. The weapons on your fighters may not penetrate the shields." replied the Master.

"And there's an even bigger danger. If the Viceroy escapes, Your Highness, he will return with another droid army." added the Padawan.

"Well that is why we must not fail to get to the Viceroy. Everything depends on it." Padmé stated.

                                                                                 ☾☼

Padmé, followed by the group, stealthily made her way toward the entrance to the main hanger. They were followed by about twenty Naboo guards, pilots, and troops. They stopped, and Padmé used a small red laser light to signal across the plaza to Panaka, Rabe and the other group. They signalled back. Qui-Gon leaned over to the twins.

"Once we get inside, you find a safe place to hide and stay there."

"Sure." they answered.

"Stay there!"