Chapter 35

Through the round window behind the Emperor's throne could be seen the distant flashes of the space battle in progress, "Come

Through the round window behind the Emperor's throne could be seen the distant flashes of the space battle in progress, "Come. See for yourselves."
The Emperor was sitting in his throne, with Vader standing at his side. Mary and Luke moved to look through a small section of the window.
"From here you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant Rebellion."

They were in torment and then glanced at the lightsabers sitting on the armrest of the throne.
The Emperor watched them and smiled, touched their lightsabers.
"You want these, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapons. Use them. I am unarmed. Strike me down with them. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment, you make yourselves more my servants." said to the two Jedi.

Vader watched Luke and Mary.
"No!" Luke yelled.
Mary stopped looking at the Emperor and turned to her nephew.
"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father and your aunt, are now mine!"
Mary turned to him, upset while he made a grin.
"I've sensed your anger since you walked in and, every second, increases more and more. Soon you will return to the Dark Side... Darth Maan."
She remained silent as she turned again to the round window.

The Emperor, Vader, Mary and a horrified Luke watched the aerial battle fireworks out the window and on the viewscreens. Another Rebel ship exploded against the protective shield.
"As you can see, my young apprentices, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station."
"Fire at will, Commander." he said in comlink.
Luke and Mary, in shock, looked out across the surface of the Death Star to the Rebel fleet beyond.
Out of the window and on the view screens, the Rebel fleet was being decimated in blinding explosions of light and debris. But in here there was no sound of battle.

The Emperor turned to Luke and Mary.
"Your fleet has lost. And your friends on the Endor moon will not survive. There is no escape, my young apprentices. The Alliance will die... as will your friends."
Luke and Mary's eyes were full of rage. Vader watched them.
"Good. I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapons! Strike me down with all your hatred, and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete."

☾☼

Mary could resist no longer, her lightsaber flew into her hand, she ignited it in an instant and swinged at the Emperor. Vader's lightsaber flashed into view, blocking her blow before it could reach the Emperor. They looked at each other and Vader attacked her.
"You keep defending him despite everything he's done to our family?!" Mary said with anger while Vader breathed heavily.
The two blades sparked with each stroke which became more and more powerful, on both sides. Mary advanced as the anger continued to grow and her eyes turned yellow.
Everyone sensed the Dark Side coming from the Skywalker girl.
Sidious smirked wickedly, "Very well, Maan. Kill him!"
Mary continued to advance, causing Vader to retreat. Vader used the Force, blocked her lightsaber in midair and then pushed her back.