Chapter 20

The Devastator chased the transport of Roken and the rest of the group

The Devastator chased the transport of Roken and the rest of the group. All that mattered was capturing Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mary Skywalker.

"Hyperdrive's almost ready. Move all power to the rear shields. We'll head for Tessen. Get you out from there." Roken affirmed.
"We're not gonna make it to Tessen, are we?" asked Kenobi.
"Motivator's shot. Power couplings are bad. I'm workin' on it, but those shields won't last forever."
"How much time do you need?" Mary asked.
"More than we have." Roken replied.

There were constant murmurs inside the ship and the explosions continued.
Mary approached her niece.
"They're scared. She keeps their minds off of it." affirmed Leia.

And another explosion.

"Maybe Obi should borrow her too." Mary said. "Anyway, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Mary, an old friend of Obi-Wan's, Princess."
"Nice to meet you, Mary." Leia replied.
Mary smiled at her niece.

Mary approached Obi-Wan.

"What is it?"
"I'm going to give you time. I'm the one that Vader wants. If I go, he will follow." Obi-Wan said.
"What? No!" Mary replied.
"Roken needs more time to fix the ship. This will give him that time. You've spent ten years protecting the Jedi. This is my chance to return that favour." Kenobi said to the crowd.
"But we're so close." Roken added.
"If you go, I follow you. And there is no argument. He wants me too." Mary added.
"Roken, you know this plan makes sense." Obi-Wan stated.
"No, we need you!"
"It'll buy you the time you need. You must get these people out of here. You are all the future. You are the future. You're what needs to survive." Obi-Wan affirmed.
"Do you really want to go too?" Leia asked to Mary.
"Yes... Leia, I must. I can't let Obi face Vader alone." Mary replied.

Leia ran away.

"Leia..." Mary said.
"She needs to be given space. Just..." Haja said.
"You must promise me that you'll get her home, Haja." Obi-Wan said.
"You have my word." Haja replied.

And another explosion.

"Are you ready? Drop ship's all set." Roken said. "You don't have to do this, you know. We can still fix the drive."
"We have to go." Kenobi affirmed.
"It's not about us, is it? You want to do it. It's about you and him." Roken stated.
"Yeah, it's an old issue that the three of us have to solve." Mary affirmed.
"Just keep them safe." Obi-Wan said.
"Keep yourselves safe too."
"Roken... There are not many leaders left. People follow you. Don't stop."
"I'm just getting started."

                                                                          ☾☼

"We're tracking an escape craft. There are two life forms aboard."
"That's them." Vader affirmed.
"My Lord, we must continue our pursuit of the insurgents. Now is our chance to wipe out this network in its entirety. We cannot prioritize one lone Jedi and a traitor." the Grand Inquisitor said.
"He is not just any Jedi. And she is not just any traitor. Follow them."
"At once, Lord Vader."
"Prepare my ship. I will face them alone." Vader concluded.
Darth Vader breathed.