Chapter 17

It had been 10 years since Order 66, the birth of Darth Vader and Mary's passage to the Dark Side of the Force

It had been 10 years since Order 66, the birth of Darth Vader and Mary's passage to the Dark Side of the Force. She remembered everything as if it were yesterday...

Mary boarded a ship and flew into the sky.
In her ship Mary called Anakin.
"Anakin!"
Vader heard his name and realized that was his sister.
"Mary..."
"Oh my God...he's alive." Mary thought with a little smile.
"Anakin, I decided to join you." she said as drops fell on her face.
"Great choice, sister. Reach me soon. We have a lot to do." Vader said.
Mary's ship landed in the Star Destroyer hangar and was immediately surrounded by Stormtroopers pointing their weapons at her.
Mary came out of the ship with her hands up and said, "Don't shoot! I'm on your side. I'm Mary Skywalker, take me to Ana- Darth Vader."
Two Troopers approached her, searched her, found only her lightsaber, and took her to Darth Vader.
"Lord Vader, we have a prisoner, she says her name is Mary Skywalker."
The Trooper gave him her lightsaber.
"Leave us alone."
"Yes, sir."
The two Stormtroopers left.
Mary looked at her brother, but all she saw was a mask. She was convinced that her twin brother was still inside that mask, and she wanted to bring him back to her. She promised Padmé and she'll do anything to get him back.
"Anakin..."
"Anakin no longer exists."
"It's not true... my brother is still there."
Vader remained silent, watching his sister.
"Brother... as I told you before, I'm here to join you."
"Well... from now on, I will be your Master and I will train you in the Dark Side of the Force... Mary Skywalker will no longer exist, only Darth... Maan."
Mary remained silent and nodded. Vader gave her back her saber.
"Your training starts tomorrow."
After saying this, he turned and left Mary alone. The Troopers entered the room and took her to her quarters.

Mary returned with her mind to reality. She was lying in her bed, in her quarters.
For 10 years she had been trained by her brother in the Dark Side of the Force, despite her target being another. She tried to bring the lost brother back into the light, but it was harder than she thought, so she began to lose hope and gave into the darkness.
During these years she was entrusted with several missions but all ended the same way, with the death of innocents and destruction.
She wasn't proud of what she'd done, but she had no choice, she was stuck in that nightmare that never ended.

Suddenly she heard a knock on the door.
"You can come in."
A Stormtrooper opened the door, bowed and said, "Lady Maan, Lord Vader requests your presence, immediately... and he also told me not to keep him waiting."
Maan looked at him and replied, "Tell him that, next time, he can come himself since he can walk, or he can use telepathy to communicate with me."
The Stormtrooper remained silent.
"Thank you, you can go. I'm going now, I don't want my big brother to wait any longer than he has to."
He bowed and walked away.
Maan had a bad feeling, something would happen that she wouldn't like.

☾☼

The door clanked and the Inquisitor stood at the entrance, igniting her red saber.
"Obi-Wan..." said Third Sister.
Obi-Wan and Leia hid behind a container.
"Leia. If I don't get back in time, go. I'll be right behind you, I promise. Go!" said Obi-Wan to Leia.
Leia ran in the direction of the ship, leaving Kenobi with the Inquisitor. Reva walked through all the containers, looking for Kenobi.
"I can feel you. Your fear betrays you. You don't have to worry. You're not going to die... today." continued Third Sister, "I'm just going to take you to him. Lord Vader and Lady Maan will be pleased... You didn't know... He's alive, Obi-Wan... Anakin Skywalker is alive.... and he's been looking for you for a long time. And I will be the one to deliver you to him." Reva said.
Obi-Wan was shocked to hear the twins' names.
"Third Sister! I can stand the reek of your ambition no longer." said Grand Inquisitor, entering in the room.
"I found him. We have him!" Reva replied.
"And I cannot risk you losing him again. Move aside. Watch and learn." Grand Inquisitor added.
Reva stabbed the Grand Inquisitor with her red saber and he fell to the ground.
"Really think I'd let you take all the credit? Who's in the gutter now?" Reva said to the Grand Inquisitor.
Kenobi took advantage of this and ran away, reaching Leia who set off the ship.
"You can't run, Obi-Wan! You can't escape him! We will find you! We will destroy you!" Reva yelled.
In the ship Obi-Wan was still shocked by what Reva had said.
"What is it? Are you okay?" asked Leia.
"Anakin... Mary..." Obi-Wan whispered.

☾☼

Vader was sitting on his throne and was thinking.

"Your training starts tomorrow."
After saying this, he turned and left Mary alone.
Vader entered in his room and called the Emperor. Sidious' projection appeared.
"Tell me, my friend."
"My Master, I wanted to communicate that my sister has just joined us. I will begin to train her, personally, in the Dark Side of the Force."
"Very well, my friend. Everything goes as planned. And tell your sister, if next time she dares to say or think things about me, she has to make sure that I can't read her mind, because otherwise, I'll make her regret joining us. Is that clear?"
"Yes, my Master."
"Good. Start training her until she's exhausted. Make her suffer."
Sidious' projection disappeared.
Vader took a frustrated breath.

The projection of the Third Sister appeared in front of him.
"Where is he?" asked Vader.
"We have probes out. We're tracking all possible exits. He will pay for the Grand Inquisitor's..." Reva replied.
"The Grand Inquisitor means nothing. Kenobi is all that matters now. Is that understood?" said Vader.
"Yes, my lord."
"I have been watching you, Third Sister. I know what it is you seek. Prove yourself, and the position of Grand Inquisitor is yours. Fail me, and you will not live to regret it." Vader concluded.
Once the hologram was turned off. Maan entered.
"Tell me brother. What's my mission? What should I do?" asked Maan.
"Surely the Third Sister will fail, so your task is very simple. When the time comes, you will confront Kenobi and bring him to me, so I will eliminate him once and for all. And don't disappoint me, sister." said Vader.
As soon as Vader finished talking, her mood changed, she didn't let him notice. Once again her bad feeling was right.

☾☼

When Obi-Wan, Leia and Tala were about to enter the escape tunnel, Obi-Wan sensed something in the Force: Vader and Maan were there in the space port of Mapuzo and were looking for him, without mercy for anyone.
"Ben? What is it? Ben." asked Tala.
Obi-Wan heard a female shrieked in distance.
"Go inside. Inside now." yelled a man.
"No."
"Inside. Go. Go right now. Just move! Move!"
Darth Vader continued to walk and breathed heavily. Maan was walking behind him, watching that scene with anguish but she couldn't do anything to stop it.
Obi-Wan gasped.
Darth Vader continued breathing heavily.
"Let's get back in the room. Go. Go. Now."
"No! Stop! No!" yelled a boy.
"Stop!"
Darth Vader chocked a man.
"Dad!"
"Please."
Darth Vader snapped a neck.
"No!"
There were groaning, screaming, whimpering...
Darth Vader continued breathing heavily.

☾☼

Obi-Wan fled to an abandoned area, but Vader and Maan found him and Vader ignited his red lightsaber.
"You cannot run, Obi-Wan." Vader said.
Darth Vader breathed heavily.
Obi-Wan also ignited his blue lightsaber.
"What have you become?" asked Obi-Wan.
"I am what you made me." Vader replied.
Darth Vader continued breathing heavily.
"The years have made you weak. You should've kill me when you had the chance."

Vader beckoned to Maan to attack Kenobi and she ignited her blue lightsaber.
Obi-Wan turned to Maan saying, "I'm not gonna fight you, Mary. You're my best friend, you're like the sister I never had. I love you so much."
Mary was torn, she didn't want to hurt her best friend and she didn't want to betray her brother. She looked at the two with eyes full of tears, lowered her sword, bowed her head and let the tears fall.

Vader tired of this situation, he did it his way. Vader used the Force to overturn a barrel with coals and lifted Obi-Wan and with his lightsaber set the coals on fire.
"Now you will suffer, Obi-Wan."
And threw Obi-Wan into the fire.
Obi-Wan screamed.
"Your pain has just begun." continued Vader.
Obi-Wan continued screaming.
Mary was devastated, she was watching her best friend burn because of her brother and she couldn't do anything.
Vader extinguished the fire and ordered to Maan, "Bring him to me."

Maan was walking to catch up with him and as soon as she reached him, a blaster shot grazed her and a second shot hit a barrel, and the coals caught fire again.
A Ned-B droid picked them both up and took them away, under the gaze of a furious Darth Vader.
"Let me go!" Maan shouted at the droid.
The droid knocked her out.
Vader breathed heavily
"Heads down!", "Secure the area!" yelled the Stormtroopers.
Stormtroopers continued screaming.
"Fire!", "Blast him!"
"Can't see a thing.", "Stop him!"
"Advance!", "I can't get through!"
"Go now! Go!", "I can't see anything."
"There's no way around."
Vader breathed heavily again.
"Ready the transport. We have to get him to Jabiim." said Tala.
Obi-Wan groaned.
"You're going to be okay."