Chapter 3

Qui-Gon and the twins ran toward the Naboo spacecraft

Qui-Gon and the twins ran toward the Naboo spacecraft. The last two were having a hard time keeping up.

"Qui-Gon, sir, wait, we're tired!" exclaimed Anakin.

Qui-Gon turned to answer and saw a dark-cocked figure bearing down on a speeder bike.

"Kids, drop!" said alerted the Master.

The twins dropped to the ground just as Darth Maul swept over them. Darth Maul jumped off his speeder bike, and before he had hit the ground, the Sith Lord had swung a death blow with his laser sword that was barely blocked by Qui-Gon.

Kids picked themself up. The two galactic warriors, Sith and Jedi, were bashing each other with incredible blows. They moved in a continual cloud of dust, smashing everything around them. This was a fierce fight. They got up, bewildered by the confrontation.

"Kids, tell them to take off!" ordered the Jedi.

The Jedi struggled to fend off the relentless onslaught as the twins raced to the ship.

Captain Panaka, Anakin, Mary and Padmé rushed into the cockpit where Obi-Wan and Ric Olie were checking the hyperdrive.

"Qui-Gon's in trouble!" said Mary.

"Take off. Over there! Fly low!" said Obi-Wan.

In the distance was a small cloud of dust. Qui-Gon and Darth Maul continued their sword battle. Leaping over one another in an incredible display of acrobatics, the two warriors heard the ship fly over them a few feet off the ground. Qui-Gon almost disappeared for a moment.

Before the Sith knew what's happening, Qui-Gon was on the space crat's ramp.

The ramp closed, and the Naboo craft rocketed away, leaving the Sith Lord standing alone.

The sleek spacecraft rocketed away from the planet Tatooine.

The twins and Obi-Wan rushed into the hallway to find Qui-Gon collapsed on the floor opposite the entry. R2-D2 was looking over him.

The Jedi was breathing hard, wet with sweat and covered in dirt.

They came through the door.

"Are you all right?" asked Anakin.

"I think so." answered him.

"What was it?" asked the Padawan.

"I'm not sure... but he was well trained in the Jedi arts. My guess is he was after the Queen..." replied the Jedi.

"What are we going to do about it?" asked Mary.

Obi-Wan gave the twins a "who are you?" look. They returned an innocent stare.

"We will be patient. Anakin and Mary Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Hi...nice to meet you." said Mary first.