Chapter 30

Luke, Mary and R2 moved carefully down a deserted corridor, they heard a group of people coming down a side hallway

Luke, Mary and R2 moved carefully down a deserted corridor, they heard a group of people coming down a side hallway. R2 let out an excited series of beeps and whistles.
Luke and Mary glared at the tiny droid, who stopped in his tracks with a feeble squeak.
Boba Fett entered from a side hallway followed by two guards pushing the floating, encased body of Han Solo.
Two Stormtroopers, who followed, immediately spotted the duo and opened fire on them. They drew their weapons and blasted the two troopers before they could get off a second shot. The two guards whisked Han into another hallway as Fett lowered his arm and fired a deadly laser at the duo, which exploded to one side and teared up a huge chunk of wall.

They rushed to a side hallway, but by the time they reached it, Fett, Han, and the guards were gone. A think metal door blocked the passage. They turned to see Leia, Chewie, 3PO, and Lando being herded down a second hallway by several other Stormtroopers.
Leia turned just in time to see the duo.

"Luke! Mary, don't - it's a trap! It's a trap!" Leia shouted.

Before she could finish, she was pulled through a doorway and disappeared from sight.
They raced after the group, leaving little R2 trailing behind.

They ran into an anteroom and stopped to get their bearings. Leia and the others were nowhere to be seen. Behind Luke and Mary, R2 scooted down the corridor toward the anteroom when suddenly a giant metal door came slamming down, cutting off Luke and Mary's exit. Several more doors clanged shut, echoing through the chamber.

R2 stood with his nose pressed against the giant metal door. He whistled a long sigh of relief and, a little dazed, wandered off in the other direction.

Luke and Mary cautiously walked forward among hissing pipes and steam. Seeing an opening above them, they stopped to look up. As they did, the platform they stood on began to move. They rose into the chamber, borne by the platform. The room was deathly quiet.
Very little steam escaped the pipes and no one else seemed to be in the large room.
Warily, Luke and Mary walked toward the stairway.

Steam began to build up in the chamber. Looking up through the steam, they saw a dark figure standing on a walkway above them. Luke holstered his gun and they moved up the stairs to face Vader. He felt confident, eager to engage his enemy.

"The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet." Vader said.
"You're wrong, brother... he is." Mary replied.

Luke and Mary ignited their sabers. In an instant, Vader's own sword was lit.
Luke lunged but Vader repelled the blow and Mary attacked, and the swords of the three combatants clashed in battle.
Luke, Mary and Vader were locked in combat on the platform overlooking the chamber. Their swords clashed and the platform swayed. Luke aggressively drove Vader back, forcing Vader to use defensive tactics.

"You have learned much, young one." Vader affirmed.
"You'll find I'm full of surprises." Luke replied.

Vader made two quick moves, hooking Luke's sword out of his hand and sending it flying. Another lightning move at Luke's feet forced the youth to jump back to protect himself. Losing his balance, Luke rolled down the stairs to the circular carbon-freezing platform. There he sprawled on the floor, surprised and shaken. 
Mary seeing her nephew in distress lashed out at Vader and the two attacked each other. Until Vader with the Force lifted Mary and threw her away.