Chapter 29

"Lord Vader

"Lord Vader." Admiral Piett said.
"Yes, Admiral, what is it?"
The admiral was scared, his face white as a sheet.
"The Emperor commands you make contact with him."
"Move the ship out of the asteroid field so that we can send a clear transmission."
"Yes, my lord."
Vader's Imperial Star Destroyer moved against the vast sea of stars away from the rest of the fleet.

The Dark Lord, Darth Vader, was alone in his chamber. A strange sound entered the room and a light began to play across Vader's black figure. He looked up and bowed quickly.
A twelve-foot hologram of the Galactic Emperor materialized before Vader.
The Emperor's dark robes and monk's hood were reminiscent of the cloak worn by Ben Kenobi. His voice was even deeper and more frightening than Vader's.

"What is thy bidding, my master?" asked Vader.
"There is a great disturbance in the Force."
"I have felt it." Vader replied.
"We have a new enemy, Luke Skywalker with your twin sister."
"Yes, my master."
"They could destroy us."
"He's just a boy. Obi-Wan can no longer help him. My sister is still too close to me to attack me." Vader stated.
"The Force is strong with him. The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi."
"If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally. I'll try to get my sister back to the Dark Side, too, with her ability, she would be a powerful ally." Vader affirmed.
"Yes. Yes. They would be great assets. Can it be done?"
"He will join us or die, my master."
"And the girl Skywalker? She can't be killed."
"I'll think of something, my master."

Vader knelt. The supreme Emperor passed a hand over the crouched Lord of the Sith and faded away.

                                                                                    ☾☼

A heavy downpour of rain pounded through the gnarled trees. A strange baroque mud house sat on a moss-covered knoll on the edge of a small lagoon. The small, gnomish structure radiated a warm glow from its thick glass windows.
As rain tap-danced a merry tune on R2's head, the stubby little droid rose up on his tip-toes to peek into one of the glowing portals. R2, peeking in the window, saw the inside of the house, a very plain, but cozy dwelling.

Everything was in the same small scale as the creature. The only thing out of place in the miniature room were Luke and Mary, whose height made the four-foot ceiling seem even lower. They sat cross-legged on the floor of the living room.
The creature was in an adjoining area, his little kitchen, cooking up an incredible meal.
The stove was a steaming hodgepodge of pots and pans.
The wizened little host scurried about chopping this, shredding that, and showering everything with exotic herbs and spices. He rushed back and forth putting platters on the table in front of Luke and Mary, and Luke watched the creature impatiently.

"Look, I'm sure it's delicious. I just don't understand why we can't see Yoda now." Luke affirmed.
"Patience! For the Jedi it is time to eat as well. Eat, eat. Hot. Good food, hm? Good, hmm?"