Chapter 13

The elevator door opened and the three Jedi carefully made their way into the main room of the General's Quarters

At the far end sat Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. The trio moved toward the Chancellor. As they got closer to Palpatine, they saw a very distressed look on the Chancellor's face.
"Chancellor." Obi-Wan said.
"Are you all right?" asked Anakin.
"Count Dooku." said Palpatine.
Palpatine made a small gesture with his hand. They turned around. The elevator doors could be heard opening and closing as Count Dooku strode into the room. He was above the Jedi, standing on a balcony, with two super battle droids. The Jedi turned to see him. He looked down on the Jedi.

"This time we will do it together." Obi-Wan said.
"I was about to say that." Anakin said.
"He's mine. He killed me." Mary replied.
"Calm down. Don't let hate blind you." Anakin said to his sister.

Count Dooku jumped down to the main level.

"Get help! You're no match for him. He's a Sith Lord." Palpatine affirmed.
"Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our specialty." Obi-Wan nodded.
The trio threw off their cloaks and ignited their lightsabers.

"Your swords, please, Master Jedi. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor... and, you, little Skywalker, you should be dead. I killed you." Dooku said.
"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but death doesn't want me." Mary replied.

The trio moved toward Dooku.

"You won't get away this time, Dooku." Obi-Wan said.
They charged Count Dooku. A great sword fight ensued.
"I've been looking forward to this." Dooku added.
"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count." Anakin stated.
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall."

Dooku lunged at the Jedi and they fell back...

"Your moves are clumsy, Kenobi... too predictable. You'll have to do better."
As the battle proceeded, Obi-Wan and Dooku were tired. Anakin was stronger as he became angry. Anakin and Mary continued to drive the attack on Dooku. Dooku threw Obi-Wan back using the Force.

The twins and Dooku moved up the stairs. As they reached the upper landing of the General's Quarters, Anakin leaped over Count Dooku. Kenobi reached the top of the stairs, destroying two super battle droids. Dooku held Obi-Wan in the air using the Force as he turned and kicked Anakin out of frame.
Obi-Wan was choking. Mary hit the archway. Dooku sent Obi-Wan flying.
The Jedi tumbled to the lower level unconscious. Count Dooku spined around again and, using the Force, caused a section of the balcony to drop onto Obi-Wan. The twins spined and kicked Dooku, sending him over the balcony. They jumped, following him down to the main floor. Dooku and the twins continued the fight.

"I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate, you have anger, but you don't use them." Dooku said.

Anakin regained his composure and attacked Dooku as the Dark Lord continued his spin to meet him head on. Mary joined the fight. Their fighting became even more intense. Anakin attacked Dooku with a new ferociousness.
They and Dooku continued their fight. It was intense! Finally, in one last energized charge, Anakin cut off Count Dooku's hands. The Jedi caught the lightsaber as it dropped from the severed Sith Lord's hand. Count Dooku stumbled to the floor as Anakin put the two lightsabers to his neck. Palpatine was grinning as he watched Count Dooku's defeat.