Chapter 21

The awesome yellow planet of Tatooine emerged from a total eclipse, her two moons glowing against the darkness

The awesome yellow planet of Tatooine emerged from a total eclipse, her two moons glowing against the darkness. A tiny silver spacecraft, a Rebel Blockade Runner firing lasers from the back of the ship, raced through space. It was pursed by a giant Imperial Star Destroyer. Hundreds of deadly laserbolts streaked from the Imperial Star Destroyer, causing the main solar fin of the Rebel craft to disintegrate. An explosion rocked the ship as two robots, R2-D2 and C-3PO struggled to make their way through the shaking, bouncing passageway. Both robots were old and battered.

Another blast shook them as they struggled along their way.

Rebel troopers rushed past the robots and took up positions in the main passageway. They aimed their weapons toward the door. Tension mounted as loud metallic latches clanked and the scream of heavy equipment were heard moving around the outside hull of the ship.

The Imperial craft had easily overtaken the Rebel Blockade Runner. The smaller Rebel ship was being drawn into the underside dock of the giant Imperial Star ship.

The nervous Rebel troopers aimed their weapons. Suddenly a tremendous blast opened up a hole in the main passageway and a score of fearsome armoured space-suited Stormtroopers made their way into the smoke-filled corridor.

In a few minutes the entire passageway was ablaze with laserfire. The deadly bolts ricocheted in wild random patterns creating huge explosions. Stormtroopers scattered and ducked behind storage lockers. Laserbolts hit several Rebel soldiers who screamed and staggered through the smoke, holding shattered arms and faces.

An explosion hit near the robots.

The awesome, seven-foot-tall Dark Lord of the Sith made his way into the blinding light of the main passageway. This was Darth Vader, right hand of the Emperor.
Everyone instinctively backed away from the imposing warrior and a deathly-quiet swept through the Rebel troops. Several of the Rebel troops broke and ran in a frenzied panic.

A woman's hand put a card into an opening in R2's dome and another woman with a blue lightsaber stood behind her to protect her.

3PO stood in a hallway, somewhat bewildered. R2 was nowhere in sight. The pitiful screams of the doomed Rebel soldiers could be heard in the distance.

A familiar clanking sound attacked 3PO's attention and he spotted little R2 at the end of the hallway in a smoke-filled alcove. A beautiful young girl stood in front of R2 and another young woman stood behind her. Surreal and out of place, dreamlike and half hidden in the smoke, she finished adjusting something on R2's computer face, then watched as the little robot joined his companion.

Stormtroopers could be heard battling in the distance.

The evil Darth Vader stood amid the broken and twisted bodies of his foes. He grabbed a wounded Rebel Officer by the neck as an Imperial Officer rushed up to the Dark Lord.

"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer."

Vader squeezed the neck of the Rebel Officer, who struggled in vain.