Chapter 33

"Now we have to go

"Now we have to go." Luke said.
"Yeah, start going to the ship, I'll be right behind you."
Mary turned to Obi-Wan and said, "I miss you so much, you know?!"
"I know but I'm always with you."
"Can I hug you? I really need that." asked Mary.
"Come hug your old Obi-Wan!"
Mary hugged him, she closed her eyes and let tears fall. Obi-Wan stroked her back to comfort her. It was like she went back in time, when she was happy with Anakin and him. Then she opened them and returned to the sad reality. She broke away from the hug and said, "Stay with me, high ground." Mary said with tears of joy.
"Always, baby girl." Ben replied.

                                                                                    ☾☼

The Millennium Falcon rested beyond the stolen Imperial shuttle, which looked anomalous among all the Rebel ships in the vast docking bay.

Chewie barked a final farewell to Lando and leaded R2 and 3PO up the shuttle, crowded now with the Rebel strike team loading weapons and supplies. Lando turned to face Han. Luke, Mary and Leia had said their good-byes and started up the ramp.

"Look. I want you to take her. I mean it. Take her. You need all the help you can get. She's the fastest ship in the fleet." Han said to Lando.
"All right, old buddy. You know, I know what she means to you. I'll take good care of her. She-she won't get a scratch. All right?"
"Right. I got your promise now. Not a scratch." Han said.
"Look, would you get going, you pirate."
Han and Lando paused then exchanged salutes.
"Good luck."
"You, too."

Han went up the ramp. Lando watched him go and then slowly turned away.
Luke was working on a back control panel as Han came in and took the pilot's seat. Chewie, in the seat next to him, was trying to figure out all the Imperial controls.

"You got her warmed?" asked Solo.
"Yeah, she's comin' up."

Leia came in from the hold and took her seat between Luke and Mary.
Chewie barked and hit some switches. Han's glance had stuck on something out the window: the Millennium Falcon. Leia nudged him gently.

"Hey, are you awake?" asked Leia.
"Yeah, I just got a funny feeling. Like I'm not gonna see her again." Han replied.

Chewie, hearing this, stopped his activity and looked longingly out at the Falcon, too. Leia put a hand on Han's shoulder.

"Come on, General, let's move."
"Right. Chewie, let's see what this piece of junk can do. Ready, everybody?"
"All set." Luke said.
"All right, hang on." Han concluded.

The stolen Imperial shuttle left the main docking bay of the Headquarters Frigate, lowered its wings into flight position and zoomed off into space.

There was a great deal of Imperial traffic in the area as construction proceeded on the Death Star. Transports, Tie fighters and a few Star Destroyers moved about. Now the huge Super Star Destroyer announced itself with a low roar and soon filled the frame.