𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

" 𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 "

And I'm quite good ... at many things.

"I CANNOT STAND YOU."

"We haven't even been with each other for five minutes!" Jihoon exclaimed, glancing away from the road to look at his sister in the passenger seat.

"Why exactly do you want to go on another date with Har-" Hyejin began before clearing her throat awkwardly, quickly looking out the window when Jihoon glanced at her. "Youngseo?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Was it her claiming to be hot when she was really cold?"

"Hye-"

"Or was it her babying her shoes?"

"What are you even-"

"Oh, oh!" Hyejin exclaimed excitedly. "It must've been Samantha and Rachel. It has to be."

"How do you even know that all happened?" Jihoon asked, rolling his eyes at Hyejin. "Are you guys friends or something?"

"Are you joking?" Hyejin replied, looking at him incredulously. "You know what? It's alright, let's just not acknowledge our fourteen year old friendship."

"You can't exactly blame me for not knowing, you didn't really come home when you were in high school. You always slept over at your other friend's house. I think her name was Rari or something."

"Moving on." Hyejin said, glancing at Jihoon from the corner of her eye as she played with the hem of her dress. "You never answered my question. Why exactly do you want to go on another date with Youngseo?"

It was silent for a moment, Jihoon trying to collect his thoughts while he glanced at the three pointed star on his driving wheel.

"Honestly? It was clear that everything she was saying wasn't really her. She seems like someone worth getting to know." He shrugged. "Since she went through all of that trouble to get out of going on another date, I think she must have had a pretty good reason for it."

"I wish." Hyejin mumbled as she exhaled a deep breath and looked out the window as the concrete fence with the modern grey horizontal cedar slats opened up, letting them into the entrance of the bigger than necessary family house.

"Remind me why we're here again." She groaned, unbuckling her seatbelt and allowing her head to fall forward onto the grey dashboard.

"You know how mom is." Jihoon sighed, parking in one of the marked spaces next to the fence. "My babies are all grown up. You guys went out into the real world, so blindly. I remember when you guys couldn't even walk without me." He imitated their mother, pretending to dramatically cry.