𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

"𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯"

Screaming children isn't adorable

HYEJIN SAT ON THE BLACK FRAMED DIRECTOR'S CHAIR, wrapping her black trench coat tightly around her body as she watched the large fake snow machines produce snowflakes that were delicately kissing the ground and the trees which were in front of the lights, cameras, and the groups of people setting up.

    Hyejin turned her head quickly at the sound of her best friend's footsteps. "They're not showing up."

    "You're joking." Hyejin's eyes widened as she completely halted her previous fidgeting. "Yeonmi please tell me you're joking, my sanity is being held by a thread."

    Yeonmi shook her head with a small frown. "They're not showing up, they were supposed to be flown in this morning from the retreat we sent them on, but they got snowed in."

    Hyejin closed her eyes tightly, letting out a soft groan before she began speaking slowly. "Yeonmi. I scheduled a photoshoot."  

    "You did."

    "I have the teams here and ready."

    "Correct."

   "The set is prepared."

   "Right." Yeonmi nodded. "That is how a photoshoot works."

  "I know how a photoshoot works, I've done them many times!" Hyejin exclaimed, her cheeks beginning to redden. "But I can't have a photoshoot without any models, Yeonmi."

    Yeonmi dropped her hands to her sides, careful of the bulky binder she held. She then brought up one of her hands to gently rub the sitting girl's arm. "Take a deep breath, Hyejin. What do you wanna do now? It's your call."

   Letting out a deep exhale, Hyejin's eyes scanned the area before her eyes settled on her employees. All bundled up in jackets, gloves, and scarves. Watching them diligently working as they spoke amongst themselves, cracking jokes from time to time made her eyes soften and her eyebrows loosen as the corners of her lips quirked up the slightest bit. And just as soon as her smile appeared, it dropped as she remembered the photoshoot wasn't happening.

Hyejin mulled over her options as she bit the inside of her cheek, watching the way the sun had already begun disappearing.

    "Let them go home and tell them they have tomorrow off. I don't have it in me to come to work tomorrow."

   "Done. What are we doing after?" Yeonmi asked, writing down her boss's orders on a piece of paper in her overly organized binder.

   "You should go home too. The driver will drop you off." Hyejin said as she stood up and straightened up her trench coat.