𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

"𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺,𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺,𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺,𝘺𝘰𝘶."                                         - 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘺

"𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺,
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺,
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺,
𝘺𝘰𝘶."
- 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘺

So obviously Kang Taemoo coming barging into her basically fragile heart is dangerous

    "WHAT? HOW CAN YOU LAUGH IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS?" Hari exclaimed, staring at Youngseo with wide eyes as she laughed. Hyejin stared at the three girls in front of her in silence, her hair being thrown into a ponytail in the midst of her distress.

"No, I mean, the whole thing is hilarious." Youngseo sighed after her laughter. "So you're telling me, Hyejin dragged you into the car and out of nervousness told him she doesn't want to go on the dates and then called him an archaeopteryx?"

"This is why we don't let you two do anything by yourselves." Yeonmi said, flipping her piece of beef over on the small barbecue in front of them on the table.

Hari looked down at the table with a frown. "We had no choice!" She defended. "I couldn't run into Minwoo looking like that. But on the bright side, Jihoon is going to be leaving you alone now."

"What do I do now?" Hyejin mumbled quietly to herself while she stared at the table, zoned out. Her friends' attention was drawn to her as they stopped talking and turned to look at her slowly, their eyes widening a bit at the girl's slightly disheveled look.

"What do we do now?" Hari asked, staring at her friend with furrowed eyebrows. "She's so out of it."

"Seems like the situation really got to her. She's always so put together." Youngseo pouted, fixing up Hyejin's blazer and then tucking her bangs behind her ear and let her hand rest on Hyejin's cold cheek while she stared at her worriedly.

"Her companies have been her utmost priority for the past nine years, and while her parents have been making her go on blind dates, she's never interacted with someone she was even remotely romantically interested in." Yeonmi sighed, staring at Hyejin softly.

"So obviously Kang Taemoo coming barging into her basically fragile heart is dangerous." Hari added, nodding.

"You know what? I can't let her stay like this." Youngseo said defiantly, not baring to see her best friend continue to stare at nothing for another hour. She opened up a water bottle and without much disagreement from Hari or Yeonmi, she splashed water on the fashionista, resulting in her eyes to widen as she gasped, finally moving.

"My blazer!" Hyejin gasped, her hands quickly grasping the material. "My skirt! My clothes!"

"Finally." Hari cheered quietly, Yeonmi clapping her hands.

"What was that for?" Hyejin exclaimed, glaring at the three.

"You have to wake up." Yeonmi shrugged, taking a bite of her beef. "Kang Taemoo wants to marry you and that's a fact. You can't let that stop you from functioning like a normal human being."

Hyejin groaned at the mention of the man. "Why not?" She sighed tiredly, putting her face in her hands.

"He'll push ahead with the wedding if we don't do something about it." Hari hesitantly said as she patted Hyejin's arm lightly.

"You're right." Youngseo sighed.

"Why does he even want to marry me so badly?" She said, leaning back in her chair. "Up until a few hours ago, he basically hated me!"

"I told you, he's probably after your family and your companies. That way, his family can become the wealthiest." Hari explained.

While putting some beef on the plate in front of Hyejin, Yeonmi added, "He also knew how you helped CJ CheliJedang get so many sales by just redesigning their logo, so that's probably something he's interested in."

"All companies merging would be a lot of capital, especially because they're all internationally well known." Youngseo hummed, while she nodded in agreement.

"But we wouldn't really benefit from each other. I work in fashion and skin care. He works with food."

"Maybe he's actually fallen for you." Youngseo said, a smile making its way onto her face.

"Don't make jokes like that or she's going to shut down again!" Hari scolded playfully. "Anyways, I'm tired, we should get going."

"Come on. Let's go for just one more round of drinks." Youngseo said.

"What?"

"No."

"When my dad comes back and finds out I made a complete mess of the blind date, I'm dead. Just one more drink. Think of it as my last meal before I die, okay?"

"Well, who are we to deny you your last meal?" Yeonmi smiles, causing Youngseo to cheer loudly. Youngseo made a heart over her head with her arms, making 'cute' noises as she attempted to do aegyo to convince Hari to say yes.

"Fine. Let's go for another round." Hari cracked, beginning to laugh. Youngseo got up, cheering as she made her way to a table near the exit of the outside tent.

Youngseo tapped the seats beside her excitedly. "Guys come on!"

The conversation was beginning to bring Hyejin back to reality and the three girls moved to sit in the seats beside Youngseo.

"Do you guys remember that guy I told you about?" The girl with the black bob smiled dreamily. She pushed back the door of the tent, "that where we met. He was sk mg type. I think he works somewhere around here. Let's sway a bit, please?"

"Wow, that guy's the reason you decided to come here in the first place, isn't it?"

Giggling quietly, Youngseo smiled. "You're right. I mean, I never felt so right about anything else in my life. So let's just wait for one more hour. How's that sound?"

"Terrible." Hyejin deadpanned.

authors note:
❣️late updateeeee, but this part of the second episode has me in such a writing stump, but I'll try and have another update out sometime soon! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter<333 thank you for reading, lovelys🫶🏼