𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

" 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 "

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 "

I deserve a kiss for that.

QUICKLY EXITING THE ELEVATOR, HYEJIN MADE her way towards apartment 602, careful of the takeout, the bags of fruits, and the twenty four pack of plastic water bottles in her hands. Stopping in front of the door, she attempted to balance everything in her arms as she carefully angled her body to knock at the door with her elbow, but froze when the bag of oranges slipped from her fingers.

     "Oh no-" Hyejin started to whine only for the bag to be caught. Bringing down the box of water bottles, her gratitude turned into distaste at the sight of the last person she wanted to see. Quickly clearing her throat, she nodded towards the bag. "Thank you, Mr. Kang." She hummed, as neutrally as possible before sticking out one of her free fingers for him to hang the bag.

    "Hyejin." He nodded, in acknowledgement before raising his eyebrows at her outstretched finger.

     Resisting the urge to let out a childish huff, Hyejin bit the inside of her cheek, avoiding eye contact as she spoke. "Please give me my oranges back."

    "I'll bring them in for you." Taemoo said as he moved to try to grab the boxes out of her hands, but Hyejin quickly stepped away.

    "No, no don't do that!" She said frantically with wide eyes. "Um, I mean that I don't want your help." She corrected as sternly as possible before attempting to fix her posture, despite the baggage in her hands.

     Blinking in confusion, Taemoo nodded his head as he glanced warily at the door besides them. "Okay." He nodded before gently placing the bag of oranges onto Hyejin's finger.

    "Okay." She nodded firmly.

    "Okay?"

    "Okay." Hyejin finally let out the huff she was holding back. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

     Staring at her surprisingly, Taemoo cleared his throat as he averted his gaze from her expecting one. "What do you mean?"

     "What do I mean?" She scoffed incredulously. "What do I mean? I should be asking you that because I'm not the one who took you shopping, bought you a one of a kind dress, took you to dinner, watched the fireworks with you, and then drove you home. Nor am I the one who gave you the idea that we've moved on from our hatred for one another!"

    Squinting his eyes at the angry girl, Taemoo couldn't help the small smirk that made its way onto his face at the girl's anger which seemed to frustrate her even more. "You're absolutely insufferable, Kang Taemoo." Hyejin huffed, shooting him a glare.