𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

"𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶"

And trust me, I am so flattered

   "ARE YOU OKAY?" HYEJIN ASKED as she warily approached the worn out man who was sitting at the wooden table. "You look terrible."

    He looked up at her pointedly. "I had to chase one of my employees around the building." Taemoo said as he watched the girl put her purse down and take a seat across from him.

   "That's funny." She laughed.

     "No it's not."

    "It is. It's hilarious even." Hyejin shrugged, leaning back in her chair. "Who's the awesome employee? I've gotta let them know I'm their biggest fan."

    "Actually, you might know her." Taemoo said, raising his eyebrows. "You kept saying her name when you two were hiding in my car. Shin Hari."

    Hyejin's eyes widened as she stared at him with her mouth agape. "Shin-"

    "Shin Hari. Does that ring a bell?"

    "Uh, no." She quickly shook her head. "No bells are being rung. No bells at all."

    "So who was that in the car with us, Hyejin?" Taemoo asked, leaning forward in his chair and uncrossing his legs.

    Clearing her throat, she racked her brain for any excuse as she looked around nervously. "I mean, why does it matter? It is me you're interested in marrying, right? I shouldn't start worrying about other girls before our relationship even starts, now should I?"

    His lips quirked up slightly at this. "You want us to start a relationship then?"

    "What I want is to know why you invited me to this cafe." Hyejin quickly shot back, her eyebrows raising. "Should I call this date number one, because if it is, I don't see our relationship going anywhere."

    "I can assure you that none of our dates will be as mediocre as our meeting right now. I just wanted to talk to you about how we were going to go about this."

    "Okay, so what're you expecting to get out of us potentially getting married?" Hyejin inquired, crossing her black Alexander McQueen dress pants clad legs.

    Taemoo thought for a second before speaking. "My grandfather scheduled me to go on blind dates with important  women from other powerful families."

    "Which you think is a waste of time." Hyejin hummed.

    "And through your brother, I found out that your parents have you going on a handful of blind dates in hopes you finally choose someone and get married. So I think it'll be in both of our best interests to not waste time and just settle to marry each other."

    "While I am flattered that you're stalking me through my brother," Hyejin began, giving him a tight lip smile. "And trust me, I am so flattered. However, if I'm getting married to anyone, I don't want to be someone he just settled on because no one was good enough."

    "Before you make the wrong decision-"

   "Let me finish, Taemoo." Hyejin said, cutting him off. "I'm not going to marry you if there isn't even a small connection between us. So go on those dates your grandfather wants you to go on. I've heard about how much he wants you to at least meet the other women."

   Taemoo furrowed his eyebrows confusedly at her. "Okay?"

    "And then once you've gone through all of the dates, or when you decide that enough is enough and that you really and truly see this, us going somewhere, we can then go on those ten dates you proposed."

    Blinking slowly, Taemoo processed this information before nodding his head. "Okay. Although you seem to be comfortable with me going on these dates, I can't say I feel the same about you going on other dates."

    Hyejin smiled as she stood up, putting on her gray trench coat and grabbing her purse. "Fallen for me already?"

    "If you're more likely to accept my business proposal, then yes." He nodded, standing up as well.

    Hyejin stuck out her hand in between them, and Taemoo grabbed her hand before shaking it. "Good luck on your dates, Taemoo. I'm sure you'll need it."

authors note;
❣️bit of a filler chapter butttt, these two needed to have this conversation so it'll do 🫡 I hope you guys enjoyed reading!<33