𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

"𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦"

He's not my boyfriend!

HYEJIN SIGHED IN SLIGHT FRUSTRATION AS SHE TAPPED her manicured fingers on the table, and only looked up from the paper in her hand when Youngseo spoke. "How's the fake boyfriend exam brief with you going?"

     "Could be better." She shrugged, sitting up in her chair as she glanced at the girl beside her. "I wouldn't have to memorize any of this if you'd just come with me."

    "Why would I come with you to meet Kang Taemoo's grandfather?" Yeonmi asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Just tell us what you know about your boyfriend so far."

    "Fake boyfriend." Hyejin corrected, with a pointed look before putting the paper down. "Okay, he was born in 1993, on December 14th. He attended school at Hyunil private school from elementary school to high school. Then he attended Harvard university where he was a track and field athlete and graduated top of his class. He's very work oriented and focused on improving his family company."

    "Wow, you memorized all of that in a few days?" Hari said, clearly impressed.

    "It's a lot, but you have to really sell it." Yeonmi said, starting at Hyejin with squinted eyes. "You're saying it with distaste, when you're with his grandfather you have to pretend to enjoy and support all of his achievements."

     "Maybe you should pretend to be his girlfriend instead of me." The girl grumbled, adjusting the skinny brown velvet headband in her hair. "I'm pretending to be his girlfriend, not his assistant."

    Hari put down her chopsticks, swallowing the food in her mouth before speaking. "I thought you were a hopeless romantic. Isn't this like every plot in all of your books?"

    "I guess, but it's different when it's actually happening to you with someone who's only interested in you because you can help him get his grandfather off his back. I don't know if this is gonna end well, but at least in my books I know whether or not they have a happy ending. Plus, I'm only pretending to be his girlfriend. And as his fake girlfriend all I should know about him is that he's attractive and in love with me."

     "You're also supposed to pretend to be his rock, and be supportive of his dedication to his job, and love his parents like they're your own." Youngseo said, raising an eyebrow at her friend.

    Hyejin's small grimace turned into a frown at this. "He lost his parents in an accident when he was young." She explained, her voice becoming a lot softer.