𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

" 𝘐𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦

" 𝘐𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦."

Then you can try loving me for real.

"HELLO." HYEJIN SAID, GIVING TAEMOO A SMALL SMILE as she entered the blue car. "Did you drive here by yourself?"

      "It's a personal affair so I have to." He shrugged.

     "How humble." She offhandedly mumbled under her breath, putting on her seatbelt and almost immediately taking out her phone as Taemoo began driving.

      After driving for a while, Taemoo glanced away from the road ahead and looked at the girl beside him, his eyebrows furrowing slightly when he watched her thumbs move across the screen rapidly. Shifting his eyes back onto the road, he couldn't stop himself from asking," Is everything okay?"

      "Huh?"

       "Is everything okay?" He repeated himself, confused on why he even wanted to know.

       "Uh yeah." Hyejin cleared her throat, putting her phone away. "Just dealing with drama within the friend group."

    "Oh okay." He said quietly, shaking any unwanted thoughts from his head.

    After a few beats of awkward silence, Hyejin let out a loud sigh. "This is very awkward. How's your-"

     "There's no need for small talk. We made a simple agreement, so let's stick to it."

     "That's a bit rude." Hyejin said, raising her eyebrows at him, confused by his switch in personality. "You know a lot of people would kill to go on a date with me? But here I am going on one with you, for nothing in return, because I'm such a nice person."

      "How humble." Taemoo scoffed, raising his eyebrows as he stole her words from earlier.

      "Look at that! You're already stealing my lingo." She cheered, a grin tugging at her lips. "Sooner or later, you'll forget you and I are only pretending to date."

      "I'm not stealing your lingo, I'm mocking you."

      "I didn't know you could joke around." Hyejin gasped, her eyebrows raising. But her expression fell as soon as she began laughing slightly.