𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

" 𝘞𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥,𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦,𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯,𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸 "                                                 —𝘌...

𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦,
𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯,
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸 "
—𝘌𝘭𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘦

Taemoo, please tell me this isn't what I think it is.

     LIGHT BEIGE HEELS CLICKING AGAINST THE CARPETED HALLWAY, Hyejin entered the lounge, immediately spotting Taemoo and making her way past the empty tables. "Mr. Kang."

      Standing up from his seat, he gave her a small smile. "Please, sit." He motioned to the chair across from his. Nodding politely, she moved towards the chair, pinching her eyebrows together at Taemoo when he followed her. When he gave her a small smile and nodded towards the chair, her eyebrows furrowed deeper as she sat down, removing her purse from her shoulder as he gently slid her chair in.

    Returning back to his seat, Taemoo grabbed the menu. "Let's eat first."

    "I've actually just eaten." Hyejn said, giving him an apologetic look. "I assumed you just wanted to discuss what happened."

    Staring at her, he shook his head. "It's fine."

    "It is?"

    "It is." He said, glancing away from her nervously.

   "The fact that I'm best friends with one of your employees and that we repeatedly lied to you and Jihoon about who she was?" Hyejin questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

   "Like I said, it's fine." Taemoo nodded softly. "I didn't call you here to hear you say that. What I was going to say is..." The girl in beige watched closely as Taemoo hesitantly opened his mouth, moving forward to touch his forehead but her eyes widened.

   "Wait!" She exclaimed. "Before I forget, there's something I need to give to you." Quickly grabbing her purse, she pulled out an envelope and placed it on his menu.

   "A resignation letter?" He asked, his features tensing as he picked it up. "Are you handing me Ms. Shin's resignation letter?"

   "She assumed that all of the things you and Jihoon did after finding out that she isn't Shin Geumhi was to build up to you firing her. Hari loves her job, but she wants to be righteous. She also gave me this note to read to you." She explained, pulling out a piece of paper from her pocket.

    "Dear, President Kang. Even though I wronged you personally, I did nothing wrong as an employee. So please give me one more chance and listen to my presentation. Once you've listened to my presentation, you can decide if you want to accept my resignation or not." Before Taemoo could ask any questions, Hyejin had already placed the presentation papers in front of him, her eyes never leaving the note in her hand.