𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

"𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶."

—c.c.aurel

Would you rather I let myself in?

HYEJIN LET OUT A DEEP SIGH, feeling herself begin to relax as the tension left her body. She finally changed into her pajamas and was getting started on her skin care. She dried her face with the small baby pink towel after washing her face, humming along to "Only," by Leehi which was playing softly from her phone that she threw onto her pink sheets

"Finally no work and no Kang Taemoo to worry about." She said, smiling softly to herself as she put on her black skincare headband that had little bear ears on the top. Continuing to hum along to Leehi's airy voice, she opened a sheet mask package, gingerly picking up the mask, and carefully placing it on her face. Her smile dropped and her arms fell back to her sides in annoyance as she groaned loudly. Her small bubble of tranquility had been popped as her phone began loudly ringing.

She walked over to her bed and grabbed her phone before her eyebrows furrowed at the unfamiliar number. "Who would be calling me at this hour?" She mumbled before she picked up. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Taemoo asked, his voice ringing in her bedroom.

"Taemoo?" Hyejin asked confusedly. "How'd you get my number?"

"Your secretary gave it to me." He replied before asking once more, "Where are you?"

"Of course she did." Hyejin said, shaking her head. "I'm in my apartment. Should I be concerned about why you're calling me so late?"

"Not at all. Just come down for a second, I'm in front of your building."

With raised eyebrows, Hyejin quickly made her way to her large bedroom windows that out looked the front of her apartment complex. "I think you should just go home, I was about to go to bed anyways." She said, fidgeting with the bracelets on her wrist as she spotted his car.

"It looks like your lights are still on."

She smiled awkwardly at this, "I'm afraid of the dark?"

"I wouldn't be surprised to hear that, but I don't really believe you." Taemoo said, his tone remaining monotone.

"It was worth a shot." She sighed, letting go of her curtains.

"Would you rather I let myself in?"

"You're a lot more bold after work hours. Which is surprising because I thought you always worked." Hyejin said, walking towards her bedroom door before her eyes widened as she stopped in front of her vanity.