Chapter 15 (Last Round)

GOTHAM HARBOR: June 5, 03:18 EST

Red X had regained his breathing while a replay of his fight with Cheshire and Ravager was shown on the TV screens. Some grunts had already come in and removed the two girls, though they had spent a good five minutes each by trying to get them out of the red adhesive.

Cheshire had come too once she had been freed and had bowed to him before she had walked off the floor while carrying a still unconscious Ravager. The grunts were still there, trying to clear away the red gunk from the arena's floor. No medic had come out to tend to his injuries this time.

Red X looked down at his broken and bleeding arm.

He was going to have another fight and he couldn't risk damaging it more than he already had. He fired a constrictive X that bound itself tightly around his arm, making him flinch in pain. It was the best kind of support he could offer his arm at the moment. Hopefully the X would provide enough protection against further attacks and keep his fractured bones in place.

He looked up at the screen and reviewed his fighting skills. He hadn't used his invisibility in the fight because he hadn't wanted to reveal all of his powers. Now that he could see the fight from a different perspective, he could see that his invisibility would have given him an advantage against two fighters, but he had to take into account that both girls could have been trained to detect the unseen.

He ran a scan on his regenerative Xenothium core and nearly cursed out loud as he read that he only had 12% of power left. He ran the power usage for his abilities through his head. That only left him with a maximum of teleporting twelve more times, meaning he should only teleport in an emergency. His X shuriken didn't take up too much power, but he definitely couldn't use anymore electric X's, they took 6% of power to make. X adhesive was also gone from his list of options.

It looked like he would have to rely on his physical abilities for the rest of his fights.

He heard a familiar insane laughter from above and as he looked past the TV he saw a balcony full of the most dangerous and renowned criminals in the world. He couldn't make out most of them, only those closest to him and the ones who stuck out like a sore thumb. As his eyes searched through the crowd, he found something that made his heart stop in cold dread.

A flash of orange, a metal mask, and that single dark eye staring down at him. His eyes widened and he searched through the crowd frantically. It was impossible! As he continued to search for several minutes, his racing pulse started to slow down and he took in a calming breath. It was just his imagination; Ravager's outfit had stirred up old memories.

Surely, if Slade had been up there, he would have made his presence known.

Tearing his eyes away from the crowd after a few minutes more minutes of searching, he closed his eyes and quietly repeated Raven's chant under his breath to help him calm down. He was tired and not in the best of health. He really didn't know how much more he could take and he could only hope that help would come soon. Where was the Justice League?

Where was Batman?

But he still had one last idea left to send an SOS signal to Batman, he hoped from the bottom of his heart that the Goddess of Fortune will smile down on him. He touches the side of his helmet.

~Young Justice: Red X~

GOTHAM HARBOR: June 5, 03:20 EST

Kaldur laid on the small bed that had been provided for him in his small cell. He had been delivered food and water throughout the day, but hadn't eaten any of it. He didn't put it past his captors to have poisoned the food in some way.