Chap. 24 (Fireworks Part 2)

"What's a plasmius?" Kid Flash questions. He was ignored by the kid hero, he turns to Robin in question.

Robin shrugs gesturing that he doesn't know.

Kid Flash scratches his head in confusion.

X-mite barely dodged the fist that had been sent his way and threw three Explosive Disks at the three behemoths. The sudden impact caused them to pause long enough for Superboy to take two of them out before he was hit by the third. As he moved ahead with the others, X turned back to find that Superboy still fighting the giant Genomorph.

"Superboy we are trying to escape, not bring the building down on us." Aqualad warned.

"You want escape!" The clone shouted back before he threw the last behemoth into the other two that were just starting to get up.

X-mite ran up beside Kid Flash as Aqualad forced open the doors to the elevator shaft. Robin grabbed the speedster, using a grappling gun to shoot up into the shaft and Superboy grabbed Aqualad before he too flew upwards. Following the Dark Knight's sidekick, X-mite uses his own version of a grappling gun, a bright green x shoots out like a blast from his hand. The green x leaves a trail of some kind of a string that was still connected to the hand. Once the green string stops wiggling, X-mite launches up like a rocket.

From below him he heard Superboy say something about falling and he quickly shot off a large Constrictive X for him and Aqualad to grab onto. "Superman can fly; why can't I fly?" He asked dejectedly.

"Don't know, but it looks like you can leap over giant building with a single bound, still pretty cool." Kid Flash praised.

"Thank you." Superboy quietly thanked, feeling down that about what happened earlier.

About to respond, X heard the rushing sound of metal and he looked to see that the elevator was heading right towards them. "We need to get out of here, now." He alerted everyone.

Superboy opened the door to the nearest floor level. They all quickly jumped through, just narrowly avoiding getting squashed by the speeding elevator. Again a group of Genomorphs spotted them and quickly gave chase.

"Turn left, left!" Superboy shouted suddenly. "Now right." He said once again only to lead them to a seemingly dead-end.

"Great directions Supey, are you trying to get us re-podded?" Kid Flash yelled out.

"I- I don't understand...." Superboy lowered his head in confusion.

"Chill Kid Flash, this is exactly what we needed." X-mite smirks behind his mask.

Robin nods in agreement. "Everyone, get into the ventilation shaft." Everyone quickly listens and follows, entering the shaft one by one.

After crawling through the vents for awhile. "Ugh, at this rate we'll never get out." The speedster complained only to be shushed by Superboy.

"Listen." The clone advised and X-mite could hear the sound of something rapidly tapping against the metal ventilation interior.

"We need to move." X whispered as he kicked off the nearest grate. Once the others climbed out, he realized that it wouldn't take long before they were found again. "Robin can you hack the motion sensors?" He asked the boy who nodded with a knowing grin.