Chapter 7 (STAR CITY)

Domo! Peaps! I still haven't found my missing notebook, so it's so hard to update.

Hope You guys can forgive me!

I will try to update faster!

Anyway Enjoy the Chapter!

_____________________________________________

Star City 7:00EST

Two dimensional traveler eating breakfast at a hotel they were staying. They ate peacefully looking outside from the terrance. Larry nervously took quick glances at his older self. Dick have noticed his younger self behavior ever since they woke up.

"Is there something you want to say Larry?" Dick asks as he buttered and spread blueberry jam on his toast.

Larry uncomfortably explained. "Well, you see, Dick. I... um... I need to go back home."

Dick raises a brow, "You are telling me this because you feel uncomfortable leaving me alone and you it also bothers you that, you can go home but I can't. Is that why you've been acting weird since this morning?" He takes a bite of his toast and took a sip of his coffee.

Larry blushes from embarrassment and nods.

Dick smiles softly and sighs. "Larry, you don't need to feel that way. I have accepted the truth that I can't go home. I can also take care of myself." Dick takes a napkin uses to wipe Larry's crumb covered mouth, Larry smiles brightly and giggles enjoying the attention. "You can go home anytime you want, I won't stop you. But you have to tell me when you or I will get worried and might break into the batcave to find you." Dick ruffles Larry's hair.

Larry narrows his eyes seriously. "I promise, Dick."

Dick smiles softly, looking a bit lonely and his voice was a bit pained. "Please come back to me as much as possible."

Larry swore truthfully to keep the promise. "I will return to you, Dick."

Dick smiled brightly, "Thank you, now, drink your hot chocolate before it gets cold."

Larry returns the smile, "Right!" He takes a big gulps of his chocolate drink.

Dick chuckles, "So how long will you be gone?"

STAR CITY: 02:17 EST

Speedy gazed down at the person surrounded by eighteen thugs and looked back up at his partner, Green Arrow. His mentor shook his head and signaled for him to just watch. Speedy nodded back uncertainly. He looked back down through the roof window and tightened his hand around his bow.

He didn't really understand why they were just watching. They had arrived here to bust up this gangs' heist, but Arrow had stopped him from going in. He guessed that Oliver just wanted to check out this guys' moves before they busted in. Plus, Speedy wasn't sure which side this guy was on.

If he was a hero, he certainly didn't look the part. He was dressed mostly in black with a long cape that was tattered and torn at the end. He had grey gloves that matched his gunmetal belt and had an X on his mask, chest, and hands. His mask had a big red X on it that hardly seemed suitable for something the good guys were supposed to wear. He was tall though not as tall as himself; he was closer to Aqua lad's height. He was muscular, but not overly so.

Speedy tensed as he saw one of the thugs lunge for the X guy. The X guy jumped over the thug, launched himself into another man and shot an X shaped weapon at a different thug. Speedy watched in awe and envy as he saw the X guy, who was probably no older than himself, take down the group with strength and agility he'd yet to obtain.

After ten minutes, all the thugs had been rendered immobile and not one had landed a hit on their attacker. The X kid brushed off some nonexistent dirt from his shoulder and suddenly disappeared.

"You know, it's not nice to spy on people and it's especially rude to not lend a helping hand to someone who's clearly outnumbered." Someone said in a metallic tone from a few feet away from him and Green Arrow.

He raised his bow up to attack the unknown assailant that hid himself in the nights' shadows, but paused as Green Arrow held up his hand. Frustrated for not knowing about what was happening, Speedy grunted as he lowered his bow a little. He narrowed his eyes as the unknown person revealed himself to be the X kid.

"Outnumbered yes, but not outmatched." Speedy heard Oliver say as he walked up to stand beside him. He straightened his shoulders and put away his bow. If this guy was stupid enough to take them both on, then it was his funeral.

"I had no idea that you could be so complementary Green Arrow. Your manners are much better than Batman's and since you have been polite to me, I'll return the favor. The name is Red X." The masked kid said as he held out his hand towards Speedy.

"Speedy right? I've heard you're good." Speedy gripped Red X's hand hard before he let go. He decided that even though Red X had questionable taste in clothes, he was a hero.

"So who's your mentor? Is it Black Canary? I heard she's been looking for a partner for a while now." Speedy said as he searched on the nearby rooftops for any sign of Oliver's love interest.

"I'm here on my own." Red X replied in a serious tone.

"Oh so you went solo tonight? That's cool." Speedy said as he shot a glance at Oliver. They had talked about him taking a solo mission every now and then, but Speedy hadn't got the chance yet.

"You misunderstand. I no longer have a mentor. He's gone." Red X said quietly and Speedy gave him a startled look. He missed Green Arrow's sharp and interested gaze as he was too concerned with Red X's reply.

"Do you mean he's… dead?" Speedy asked and Red X nodded.

"He was a good teacher." Red X said as he turned his head to look away from both archers.

"I'm sorry." Speedy said quietly. He subtly looked over at Oliver and wondered not for the first time, what he would do if he ever lost his guardian.

Oliver maybe a goofy pain in the ass most of the time, but he was still the most important person in his life. Speedy looked back at Red X and felt his respect for the young hero grow. It must have taken a lot of strength for him to put on the Red X costume and move forward after his mentors' death. Suddenly Oliver's communicator went off.

"What's wrong?" Speedy asked his mentor as he pulled out his bow.

"It's Count Vertigo. He's attacking the Star City National Bank." Green Arrow said as he turned towards Red X. "Would you like to come? It wouldn't hurt to have another pair of hands on this job."

Speedy stared at his mentor with shock and curiosity. Taking down a bunch of street goons was one thing, but Count Vertigo was in a completely different league. "I will of course lend a hand when asked, but you should be more discreet next time." Red X said. Oliver seem surprised for a second then he smirked and Speedy felt even more left out of the loop then earlier.

"Can we just go please!" He growled towards them both. Oliver nodded and started to head towards the national bank. Speedy stared at Red X for a second before they both turned to follow Oliver at the same pace.

"I already told you that I met Batman. Naturally he was and still is suspicious of me. He's in regular contact with Green Arrow and the other Justice League members. It only makes sense that Batman would tell the other heroes to be on the lookout for me. He probably asked them to keep tabs on me as well as find out any other information that they can." Red X said quietly to Speedy, making sure that Green Arrow couldn't hear him.

"I wasn't sure if Batman did ask the others to play recon until Green Arrow invited me along. A hero should never bring along a supposed rookie to take on a criminal of Vertigo's standards. He's doing this in hopes that he can find out more information on me." Red X finished. Speedy saw Oliver look back at them suspiciously and slowed his pace a little to ease drop better.

"Hey, Green Arrow may be many things, but subtle is not one of them." Speedy said as smirked towards Red X and even though he couldn't see it, Speedy was sure that the teen was smirking back at him.