Chap. 26 (Fireworks Part 4)

Hey guys! I haven't updated in a while now.... I felt bad about making you guys wait for a long time. Good news, I got a new job. But right now my parents are not in good terms with each other. Maybe being a part for about 5 years caused some drift between them. I hope their relationship gets better with time. Wish me luck with my life and this story.

At the arrival of Red-X, some of the League members shot him curious looks, while others glared mildly. Only a few greeted him somewhat warmly, mainly Flash and Aquaman.

Looking around as he walks toward his younger counterpart, X-mite. "From the looks of it you kids cause a whole lot of chaos.... " The tattered caped teen comments coolly, earning him some nods and disapproval glare from some of the Heroes. Standing next to his protege, putting a hand on the shoulder of the kid hero, he whispers. "Good job." Earning him a big smile from the child hero. Superman and Suberboy with their super hearing raises a brow at the dark teen hero, but Superboy smirks with approval. Seeing the two Kryptonian's reaction, Red-X fakes a cough. "Anyway can anyone explain what happened here?"

The story was picked up again by the yellow speedster, who was lapping up being the center of attention, ending with how they'd defeated Desmond. The Guardian soon stumbled his way onto the group and the League broke away to question the man, trying to find out whatever they could about Cadmus. Red X stood nearby the others, looking over his rather worn and tired protege and this world's version of himself. X observed Superboy shoot a curious glance at Superman that didn't go unnoticed. As Superman approached his clone, X took a step back to give them some privacy.

"We'll, um, we'll figure something out for you, the League will I mean. For now, I... better make sure they get that Blockbuster creature squared away." Superman said awkwardly before he flew off. Red X placed a hand on Superboy's shoulder and shot him an understanding look that couldn't be seen behind his mask.

"It'll take him some time." He offered and Superboy nodded while still looking slightly dejected. He reluctantly turned as the Dark Knight approached the newly made group and he bit back the urge to turn invisible. He could tell by the Batman held himself that the man was angry.

"Cadmus will be investigated, all fifty-two levels, but let's make one thing clear–" The caped crusader began but was interrupted by the Flash.

"You should have called." The speedster said indignantly, missing the glare Batman sent his way.

"And results aside, we are not happy. You hacked Justice League systems, disobeyed direct orders, and endangered lives. You will not be doing this again." Batman stated towards the group of teenagers, though X did his best to ignore him. He was not Robin here; this Batman is not his Batman so he has no right to spoke out against him. Aqualad stepped forward from the group.

"I'm sorry, but we will." Red X's masked eyes widen in surprise. Was he witnessing the birth of the Teen Titans in this world? He looks down at X-mite, he received a nods from the child meaning it really was happening.

"Aqualad, stand down." Aquaman ordered and X waited anxiously to hear Aqualad's response.

"Apologies my king, but no. We did good work here tonight, the work you trained us for. Together, on our own, we forged something powerful, important." Aqualad countered, making Red X smile wistfully. Indeed, from the story Kid Flash told, the team up had felt much like the one he'd experienced when he'd first met the Titans and fought against the Gordanian Invasion.

"If this is about your treatment back at the Hall, the three of you–" Flash began before his protégé cut him off.

"The five of us, and it's not." Kid Flash denied making X jerk in surprise. Sure X-mite had been with them, but he hadn't expected the little guy to be accepted into their group so soon, so easily. From behind the others, X-mite held his hand happily while he shifted uncomfortably, causing Batman to shoot him a look before he settled down again.

"Batman we're ready to use what you taught us, or why teach us at all?" Robin asked as he took a couple steps toward his mentor. His tone was obviously asking for agreement, for an answer from his mentor to told that what he was doing was right. Red X felt something inside him stir, an echo of that feeling. He could practically hear the silent question his younger counterpart was silently asking.

'You'll support me no matter what, right?'

"You can't expect them to stay under your wings forever, Justice League. The only thing you can do is accept that things change and help them as best you can." X offered as he moved forward to lay a hand on Robin's shoulder. He wasn't sure if he could be there for the newly made team but he would try to prevent a major fallout if at all possible.

"Why let them tell us what to do? It's simple, get on board or get out of the way." Superboy growled firmly, causing the other sidekicks to straighten their stances. As Batman narrowed his eyes, Red X made gestured for the Dark Knight to follow him. Confused, the others exchanged clueless looks while the two caped heroes moved to have a private talk.

"I might have a suggestion Batman; make them into a team." The Dark Knight wordlessly motioned for him to explain. "Have them become a team that works with the Justice League, a side branch to the League. That way you and the others can still keep a close eye on them, but the team gets more dangerous missions, more independence. It would be good training for when they're finally ready to join the League." X finished and he saw Batman tilt his head in consideration.

"It's a compromise." He stated and the teenager nodded his head.

"True, but they're not giving you much of a choice here. Either you help them or they'll go ahead and make this team on their own." Red X pointed out and Batman closed his eyes, obviously thinking.

"And if this team was formed, would you be on it as well?" He asked and the you man shifted awkwardly before answering.

"I'm not sure. If they want me to I really don't see why not, but I've worked on a team before..." X trailed off, unable to look Batman in the eyes.

"You feel like you're replacing them?" The detective probed, not wanting to ask what happened to the teen's old team outright. Slowly, Red X nodded. He did somewhat feel like he was replacing his old teammates with new ones. "Whatever bonds you formed with your team will not be erased by making new ones. Do you think they would want you to stay isolated for the rest of your life or would they want you to be surrounded by friends again?" Batman asked as he placed his hand on Red X's stiff shoulder. Slowly, the relaxed into Batman's soft, but strong touch, thinking over what his mentor's counterpart had said.

The Titans would've wanted him to make a new team, to find happiness in the company of others. To not close himself off again.

"If you form a team, I'd like to join but as an advisor" He answered lowly and his eyes widened at the small smile Batman sent him. Happiness welled up inside of his chest before he quickly stomped it out and turned around, teleporting as far away as he could from the man who was acting more of a father to him than his own Batman had.

As happy as that smile made him feel, it also tortured him greatly.

Don't know when I can update again, so please be patient and continue to support me and this story. Thank you and Love you all!