Chapter 12 (Battle Auction)

GOTHAM HARBOR: 02:26 EST

As the stadium continued in its' silence, Red X found it increasingly hard to ignore the state of his body. His previous bout left him panting and tired, though he tried to hide it by taking in shallow breaths.

His body was starting to feel strained, sore, and exhausted, but more importantly he was still bleeding from wound. Red X shot a glance at it and saw that Croc had torn through his suit leaving a large gash on his forearm that was bleeding rather heavily. If he didn't get the chance to patch himself up soon he would pass out from blood loss.

"How about we take a closer look at the fight while our little hero here takes care of his injuries." The Riddler said condescendingly as he pressed another button on his cane and the lights in the stadium dimmed a little as a large TV box, much like the ones in a basketball game, turned on just above the stadium.

Red X ignored the TV as six people entered into the ring. Five of them moved to take care of Croc and the sixth one came over to him with a first aid kid. Red X took only the gauze and inspected it to make sure that it hadn't been soaked in poison or something worse. Once the gauze passed his inspection, he nodded his head in thanks to the grunt and after he dressed his injury, he turned his attention to the screens hanging overhead.

There had apparently been thermal imaging and night vision cameras placed throughout the stadium ring, both under and above the water. Red X watched impassively with his arms crossed over his chest and took the chance to rest a little. He didn't know who would be sent out next, but they would be more of a challenge than Croc.

"Let's see how Red X did compared to our other items." The Riddler said and Red X shot a surprised look at the TV screens that hung above him. The screen was split in two down the middle. On the left side of the screen was Kid Flash as he entered the arena and on the right was Aqualad who did the same thing.

Red X watched in apprehensionas he witnessed both heroes go through the same trials that he had. When had the other two done these challenges? Hours after they had been captured? Just before he had been captured or while he had still been waiting in his cell?

KID FLASH

I entered into the arena, by the looks of it, I'm the gladiator and... Kid Flash looked around and grimanced. And the audience are the villains. On the other side of the arena a solid steel gate opens, revealing a group of thugs. And here comes the lions. Lets kick some lion butts!

As soon as Kid Flash finished his thoughts, the thugs charged toward him ready to beat him up. The first thug threw a punch, but Kid Flash dodged and punched back in the face. The thug flew back, knocking into few others.

Kid Flash sped around the thugs, humiliating them. He stook out a leg making one of the thug trip and crush into the ground. Kid Flash also smacked few thugs on the head and kicks them on their butt.

After awhile of fooling around with the thugs, Kid Flash started to knock out the thugs one by one. He slammed few against the wall, other he punched or kicked them in face or stomache. Quickly there was only one last thug remained. Kid Flash sped up toward the thug, head on, he punched a few hits on the face then the stomache. With one last force, Kid Flash kicked the thug, making him crash into the other fallen thugs.

With that Kid Flash won. Yes! Who's the man? I am! Then he looked up. And there is my way to escape. Kid Flash used his speed to run up the wall to escape, but was electricuted as a result, making him fall back into the arena.

Kid Flash slowly got up as he grunt and moaned in pain. Bad idea! Bad idea! Pain! Pain! Not my best idea. His costume was crisp and tattered. He looked so exhausted and need of a rest.

The steel gate opens and another group enters, retrieving the beatened thugs. A person with a first-aid jogs toward the electrified hero. They took care of the burnt skin and bruised wounds. The group quickly went back after taking care of their tasks, leaving Kid Flash in the arena. Your leaving me behind! Take me with you! God! I want to escape this place.

Water slowly enters the arena. Kid Flash looks at the water in confusion. What's going on? Water? A sound of pitter-patter was hear behind the hero. Kid Flash turns around to see a mutated crocodile. Holy Batman! It's Killer Croc!

Killer Croc growls at the young speeder. As soon as Kid Flash took a step back from the intimidating villain, Killer Croc roared and jumps towards Kid Flash. Kid Flash screams in surpised and jumps out of the way.

"Oh My Over Grown Lizard!" Kid Flash pants from the shock and looks back at Killer Croc. He pinch his nose and fans the air, "P-eeew, You Over Grown Lizard! Two Word! BREATH MINTS!" The joke caused the audience to laugh but caused Killer Croc to turn red from anger and his growl got louder and more intimidating. Oh shit, I'm doomed for sure. Why did I do that? Why. Did. I. Do. That. Just why? What am I doing with my life?

Killer Croc opened his dangerous jaws and jumps towards Kid Flash. Kid Flash tried to move away but his reaction was slowed by the rising water and from the electricity incident, but he barely dodged Killer Croc. Kid Flash counters, he kicks the left side of the Croc and upper-cut the crocodile jaws.

Kid Flash continues his counter-attacks, speeding around Killer Croc. Killer Croc tries to get a chump on the young speedster but snaps nothing. Once the water rised up the waist, Kid Flash no longer was able to speed around the villain, giving Killer Croc the upper hand. Oh shit! I hate water! Especially if there is no hot babes.

Killer Croc smirks, making Kid Flash panic and laughs nervously. Killer Croc swiftly moves through the water and once again opens his jaws, snaps toward the young hero. Kid Flash shield his body with his arms from instict and barely dodges but his arms earns a huge gash on his left arm.

The water has already risen up to Kid Flashe's chest. Next Killer Croc used his powerful tail and swings toward the bleeding speedster. The tail slams into the right side of the teen hero, Kid Flash flies through the air, making his left side crush into the wall, creating a dent on the steel wall and breaking few bones.

Kid Flash splashes into the water. He notice that water was rising faster, he was floating about 4-5 inches off the ground. Kid Flash looks around in panic, looking for a way out. The pathetic state of the teen hero caused Killer Croc to laugh. Killer Croc circles around Kid Flash like a shark circling its prey.

"Not so tough now. Are ya, Kid Blunder." Killer Croc grins evilly. The water was already fill the arena half way. Killer Croc got bored intimidating the teen hero and dove underwater. Kid Flash looks around, looking for the disappeared villain. Then suddenly Kid Flash was pulled down, causing the teen to yelp in surprise. Killer Croc drags Kid Flash down, Kid Flash slowly loses air. Killer Croc dragged Kid Flash around, under the water and it didn't take long before Kid Flash could no longer hold his breath and passes out.

Fortunately, this was an auction and they needed Kid Flash alive. They had drained the water and after much heckling and taunting from the crowd, the Riddler announced that Kid Flash was mostly undamaged.

Red-X

Red-X continues to watch the screen. Knowing that Kid Flash is fine but he still couldn't help but worry. Aqualad was next and he was a bit worried for the Atlantean, since the Aqualad in the screen is not the Aqualad he has known for years.